Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2012, 04:01 AM   #1 
Maddybelle

Cool Meet Quasar!

I went to Petco today, hoping to find a pretty red HM, when I saw this guy. He's amazing! An orange HM, labeled as a delta. (Saved me a couple bucks, haha!) To go with the "Astronomical Phenomena" theme I've got with my other two males Nova and Quantum Singularity, I named this fiery little red head Quasar. Now, the quest begins to find him a girlfriend!

In these pics, the iridescence on his fins shows up WAY more than in person. What do y'all think? After he grows up some, I'm thinking I may send him to a show, just to see how he'd do. He's rather small right now, less than 1.5" nose to caudal peduncle, which means he's only gonna get more perdy! I feel so lucky to have found an orange halfmoon, one of my dream fish!
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:14 AM   #2 
Nicko

Wow, he is so pretty! <3 *_*
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #3 
baileyhewlett

He is so cute! You got lucky with that one. :) I have never seen one that gorgeous in Petco or Petsmart.
baileyhewlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #4 
binx123

Oh I like him! That happened when I got my boy, Peeta (Who actually looks like your new guy) He was labeled a delta! He looked like one, but he was still very young, turns out he's a beautiful HM!
binx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #5 
NyaNyanNaa

Ah yes. It seems Petco is finally stepping up their game. I got my beautiful double tail halfmoon marble there. He's a lovely little fish!
NyaNyanNaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:49 AM   #6 
Maddybelle

Cool

This is my 3rd Petco betta. My first was a white opaque DTHMPK I named Angel, the second is my salamander HMPK Nova. I SO wasn't expecting to find an orange, and he's got an amazing personality to boot! He's the stereotypical redhead, . On top of all that, I found a new favorite substrate! I've always wanted sand, but every one I tried was too fine and kept getting compacted and anaerobic. Plus, I couldn't find a black sand that didn't take 3 days to wash. Petco's black sand is large grained enough that it doesn't compact, and rinses clear the first time! Only thing is, it tends to float, LOL. Just break the water tension with your fingers, and it sinks fine. I have it in Quasar's tank and in the 2.5 gal I have waiting for that elusive orange female!
Anybody know where I might find an orange female? I can't find anythin on AB or ebay. Quasar's still young, so I guess I have time. I might just have to go back by Petco tomorrow (well, technically today) to have another look.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #7 
Maddybelle

Quasar has brightened up even more, gotten a bit bigger, and grown to a full OHM in just 9 days! He's come so far from that spunky little "delta" in the tiny petco cup. :)
On a side note, I found a lovely little cellophane female to be Quasar's girlfriend! :D
Old 10-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #8 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

He is a beauty for sure !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote