Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #1 
fleetfish

So he followed me home! New DT!

Poor sweet fella ... I love doubletails and this poor guy was calling to me yesterday.

He's a Petsmart guy and he's most likely got some ammonia burns and is suffering the effects of poor nutrition and general crappiness. He's in a heated tank with BWE and a little salt to help his fins heal - yep, on top of everything else he's got fin rot. BUT he's eating really well (high protein diet of frozen and NLS pellets), so hope is not far off for him! He's alert and curious this morning, though it seemed touch and go yesterday - probably the stress of the ride home. I will update you as we go along :)

fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:28 AM   #2 
Hopeseeker

AWW, he's such a cutie! Healing thoughts his way from my Betta babies and I.
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #3 
RedRaz

Awww he is a cutie. I have a special place in my heart for DT's. Poor thing. *sigh* Well I wish you luck and can't wait to see him recover.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:44 AM   #4 
CandiceMM

You are awesome for taking this little diamond in the rough home. I love my rescues, they make it all worth it when you can see the difference in them and knowing they are healthy and happy. He will be so beautiful when he puts on some weight and brightens up!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #5 
MyRainbowBettaFish

hes is soooo cute! Best of luck!

-MRBF
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #6 
homegrown terror

i've never seen DT's at petsmart before, only VT's CT's HM's and PK's. he's gorgeous though, that color is really hard to breed into bettas.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #7 
rosy delta

oh he's going to be absolutely stunning when he heals and colors up more. He's not half bad now!!
rosy delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #8 
phoenix91

He's lovely. You mentioned you were feeding him frozen, what exactly are you feeding? I have a new rescue who isn't taking too well to pellets and i've been giving him frozen bloodworms, what else can i give him until he takes to pellets?
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:22 AM   #9 
fleetfish

I usually give them bloodworms, white worms, and brine shrimp on top of NLS pellets ... they seem to do okay once they get the hang of pellets, but it can take awhile. Also, if they're emaciated it's good to start off with very small portions of food so that they can reajust their digestive systems.

A little update on Teilo: He's doing okay ... though he's given me a scare this morning. I found him flat on his side, breathing heavily and not moving. I tapped the side of his tank and he came alive and ate his food ... go figure! He's got a long, long way to go before he's healthy again but since he's eating well I'm hoping he'll be okay. It's mostly the emaciation I'm worried about.

More pics soon, my camera needs to recharge.

Last edited by fleetfish; 10-10-2012 at 06:24 AM.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote