Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #1 
Nothingness

Discolored patch on head

So today I noticed a discolored patch on the top of his head and looks as if a few scales have fallen off the effected area. I just brought him home about 5 days ago and today actually was the first day he has been very active and he also ate his first pellet today.

In a 3g tank heated to 80. sponge filter in the tank, using stress coat, water conditioner, and nutrafin cycle. Do not have nitrate/nitrite test so unaware of those level. Ammonia is at .5ppm after water change so im guessing its present in the tap water (have yet to test). Silk plants, gravel and a terra cotta pot in tank as well

I bought some AQ salts....should I start a regieme of that to treat this symptom?
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #2 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
So today I noticed a discolored patch on the top of his head and looks as if a few scales have fallen off the effected area. I just brought him home about 5 days ago and today actually was the first day he has been very active and he also ate his first pellet today.

In a 3g tank heated to 80. sponge filter in the tank, using stress coat, water conditioner, and nutrafin cycle. Do not have nitrate/nitrite test so unaware of those level. Ammonia is at .5ppm after water change so im guessing its present in the tap water (have yet to test). Silk plants, gravel and a terra cotta pot in tank as well

I bought some AQ salts....should I start a regieme of that to treat this symptom?

New bettas take time to get used to their new enviroment they takes even a week till they eat. If you worry, you can always dip the food in garlic juice to make it more appealing to them.

Did he have this "injury" when you got him?

Pictures would help tons to determine what it is. Sounds to me like an external injury though. Let's see what other people think
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #3 
Nothingness

I will try to get a better pic but the camera on my iphone sucks
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote