Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #21 
NyaNyanNaa

Sounds good! Good luck with taking care of her!
NyaNyanNaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #22 
SirGrizz

I currently have her in her container with a tiny bit of salt, she isn't moving and when I held it up high I could see that she has some white stuff coming out from where her lower small fins are. I am waiting for the heater to get settled before I put her in

Has anyone used betta lifeguard all in one?
SirGrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 PM   #23 
LebronTheBetta

Wait, she's pooing white stringy stuff? Might be internal parasites.. Or even just the simple egg eating. I've never used Lifeguard before, sorry.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #24 
SirGrizz

Here she is, i am thinking this is a fungus? Lifeguard is supposed to be a tablet that treats most aliments

http://i.imgur.com/Wygpi.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9mfSQ.jpg

Im going to have to call her dead, she just wont move and he fins are stretched out and her mouth is open. I guess I didnt QT in time if I hd done it just a couple days ago she wouldve been fine. There was no way to tell the severity of her seemingly fungal infection from inside my home tank...
Old 10-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #25 
LadyVictorian

It looks like extreamly advanced fin rot...how long have you had them? How big a tank do you keep them in? How often do you clean your tank? I would also watch your other fish for signs of fin rot as well. They very well could have it.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #26 
SirGrizz

Yes I think so too, I just gave her a burial in a tissue paper in the trash bin unfortunately. Had them since june 9 in a 10 gal with about a 20% wc a week. I just upped the heat and added AQ salt in home tank and just did the weekly clean as well.

Tomorrow I'll go out and acclimate a new betta to ensure the 3 in my tank don't harm each other. I also plan on getting either a 4th oto or a 5th betta as well as a couple more plants since 2 I got from petco aren't true aquatics and their lifespan in my tank has worn out.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:18 AM   #27 
LebronTheBetta

I'm so sorry. I guess it was too much for her. :/
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:22 AM   #28 
SirGrizz

In retrospect it was totally my fault, she had looked worse than normal for about the past week but was acting and eating fine. I used to get their finnage back to perfect with the weekly water change and melafix. I should have taken note that she was in worse condition than I initially thought. She seemed to be much more stressed than the other bettas which might have caused her to take on the advanced fin rot. I do believe she'd be alive if I set up the QT tank just a few days ago. Oh well I got good learning experience for the next fish I own.

Thanks a lot for the help you guys
Old 10-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #29 
Kira and Cleoh

Sorry to hear :/ I hope you others dont have it, Good luck !
Kira and Cleoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:00 AM   #30 
LadyVictorian

Just remember if you get too many more fish upgrade to a 20 gallon and also anything with fix in it is lethal to bettas. It damages their labyrinth organ aka their lungs and makes them suffocate.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote