Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #21 
RabidAliver

Pictures:

Shot of how his fins are looking, sorry for the blur. Cell phone camera isn't that great.

How he's been laying for the past few days, little to no activity and gasping for air. Rarely surfaces.

Somewhat decent shot of his body. He was scratching on the plant in the background earlier.
RabidAliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #22 
RabidAliver

Bump for help?
Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #23 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I read all the posts and just dont know what could be wrong with him. Keep up with the water changes and be sure and rinse the oak leaves well. You might could ad some AQ salt to his water to see if that perks him up, I would just add a little at time and no more then half a teaspoon to begin with and be sure and dissolve it in some warm water and not use more then 10 days. Good luck I sure hope he starts to feel better soon keep us posted.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #24 
RabidAliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseusmom View Post
I read all the posts and just dont know what could be wrong with him. Keep up with the water changes and be sure and rinse the oak leaves well. You might could ad some AQ salt to his water to see if that perks him up, I would just add a little at time and no more then half a teaspoon to begin with and be sure and dissolve it in some warm water and not use more then 10 days. Good luck I sure hope he starts to feel better soon keep us posted.
Alright, thank you :D I was kind of iffy on the AQ salt seeing as there may be some ammonia poisoning going on, and I've read that adding the salt just makes things worse. He's been getting worse throughout the day though, I took the plants in his tank out to keep a good eye on him and he is barely moving at all. I have a feeling he might not last much longer, he hasn't eaten today either.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #25 
cjz96

Have you added the leaves yet? I forgot to ask, what does his poop look like?

Edit: sorry, just read your last posts. Aq salt is usually used for external, epsom for internal issues. Sometimes, fish just come home sick from the store. You're doing a great job. He is lucky to have such a great owner. :)

Last edited by cjz96; 10-07-2012 at 08:57 PM.
cjz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #26 
RabidAliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjz96 View Post
Have you added the leaves yet? I forgot to ask, what does his poop look like?
I have added the leaves, you just can't see them in the pictures because that's the bottom of the tank. His poop looked really gray and stringy though =/ I don't have the means to go get epsom salts either if it's parasites...because it seems like he's being nailed with both internal and external issues.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #27 
cjz96

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidAliver View Post
I have added the leaves, you just can't see them in the pictures because that's the bottom of the tank. His poop looked really gray and stringy though =/ I don't have the means to go get epsom salts either if it's parasites...because it seems like he's being nailed with both internal and external issues.
Hmmm.... stringy grayish poop usually means internal parasites. If this is so, epsom salts 1-2 tsp. per gallon. You could try Metro + or Prazi Pro for meds. You can use this with the salts. You can also try some medical food. I think jungle makes some med pellets.
cjz96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #28 
RabidAliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjz96 View Post
Hmmm.... stringy grayish poop usually means internal parasites. If this is so, epsom salts 1-2 tsp. per gallon. You could try Metro + or Prazi Pro for meds. You can use this with the salts. You can also try some medical food. I think jungle makes some med pellets.
I can look into them, but...the thing is, he looks almost dead today. I don't know if he'll live long enough for me to find what's needed for him ):
Old 10-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #29 
RabidAliver

Well guys, I'm sorry to say the poor boy didn't make it ): I couldn't get any of the medicines or epsom salts in time...