Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #1 
mirmaid

RIP Brandon

I am very fond of betta fish. I just had a wonderful two and half year experience with my male betta. Unfortunately he just passed away on Friday October 5, 2012, from swim bladder disorder. His name was Brandon and he gave me a lot of joy. I am also sharing my story to hopefully save someone from going through what I went through before it is too late. Just one week ago I started seeing the signs, however I did not know what the problem was. The next day I researched the symptoms on the internet. I was relieved to see so much information in relation to what was going on and a name for it. I also took it a step futher and called three different pet stores to confirm what I read. I got different versions of how to cure, so I was relying on that. They said to feed him peas, however I was not quite clear on exactly what kind and how to administer to him. I also wanted to stop feeding him his regular food for fear he would be get worse, one pet store told me to continue so I did. Unfortunately I believe that is what ended his battle, because he was still eating despite being so bloated and constipated. I wish I would have trusted my better judgement, because I ran out of time. He suffered for a seven days. Now I know he is at peace. He was strong and playful and I will certainly miss him.
mirmaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #2 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Awwww...... sorry about your buddy Brandon :(

Please don't be too hard on yourself. He had a great life with you and you certainly tried to do what was best for him at the end.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote