Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #11 
sainthogan

agreed, definitely males. Instead of lowering the water level, can you put a cover of some sort or a taller divider?
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #12 
johanna13

Well because of this my new Betta finally has a name "Houdini"
I have checked everywhere and have barracked any possible openings and still he is getting to the other side. These photos are with the top off the tank... with the top on there dont seam to be any opening for him to get through??

johanna13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #13 
sainthogan

They can get through the smallest spaces, mine jumped through an opening that was barely a half an inch around right next to the water filter. Hmm... What about digging? Another person on here had a problem with hers digging through the gravel to get to the other side.
Looking at your pictures, it looks like there's a tiny opening between the big barrier and the smaller add on part. I know it looks tiny and pokey, but know the space my fish jumped through, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it's going through.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #14 
Alcemistnv

In my opinion, the water is too high :/

I've had Pudge jump about 2-3 inches with the water at what I considered to be in between, but after seeing that happen I made my dividers taller AND made a sort of barricade between the two dividers so that if I jumped over he'd land in the middle spot not so much on Buddha's side.
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #15 
johanna13

I just added that small second piece,, that's where the hood top part that opens to feed is ,and I thought there was some space there...
with the hood on it should be a tight fit? there not digging,, its deep down into the gravel

Old 10-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #16 
sainthogan

If you just added that second piece, that could be where he was jumping before. Wait a while and see if he does again.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #17 
johanna13

He did it again !!!!!!!!! I'm going to take a chair and sit in front of that tank if it takes all night to find out how he is getting over !!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #18 
sainthogan

Good luck! I can imagine how frustrating it is. Mine jumped completely out of her tank! I can only guess that she was after one of the thousands of fruit flies in our house. She's ok, but imagine my surprise to find her ina dusty, dirty corner.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #19 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanna13 View Post
He did it again !!!!!!!!! I'm going to take a chair and sit in front of that tank if it takes all night to find out how he is getting over !!!!
check the corners. last week one of our bettas figured out how to push the screening out of the runners and pushed himself an opening to get through. he did it so much we had to rehome him in a tank of his own, he was just too determined to get over and fight!
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #20 
johanna13

Ill find out how hes doing it and Ill post back !!! thanks for the input.