Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #1 
tunkisCR

Help with breeding partners!

Hi! I am going to start breeding but I am not sure which male is better for my female so here are the pictures of my options and the female! Help me choose please! Thanks
Attached Images

tunkisCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 AM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I'd go with male #1. His overall form is better than male #2 which looks odd - spine seems to curve.

I hope you know what you're getting yourself into...... CT x single tail. What are your goals/plans on this pair?
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #3 
tunkisCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
I'd go with male #1. His overall form is better than male #2 which looks odd - spine seems to curve.

I hope you know what you're getting yourself into...... CT x single tail. What are your goals/plans on this pair?
Yes I just saw that I put the wrong picture, I meant to show a crowntail female im sorry about that.

With the pair I want to experiment the dominance of the blue color and hopefully get some nice cloudy blues or reds (cause the female is actually redish).
tunkisCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #4 
indjo
TFK Moderator

In that case I'd suggest you pair your boy to a cambodian. You will end up with a variety of colors ranging from blue - fading to grizzle - and cellophane. You will also get more cambodian, even blue-ish ones. With this pairing you will be able to see the blue's dominance.

You could also see irid (green, steel blue, and royal blue) dominance in irid x red pair. But not as much as the above pair. A ... (something color) ... with red fins x steel blue = mainly blue with red on the fins, plus other color combo. Very little to no fry will be solid blue or red.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote