Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #1 
norico
Member
 
norico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tokyo,Japan
After fin rot treatment

Hello there,

My friend have HM betta. He has had fin rot, and his tail were cut and cut.
And he looks like ammonia poison. He always floating. And I suggest add Aq salt and medicine.
And he has fin rot so much, how treat for him ?
HM is cut or curling easily, right ?
How treat for him ?

Thank you,
norico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #2 
MyRainbowBettaFish
Member
 
MyRainbowBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
I dont really understand, the halfmoon betta's fins were cut? Does he/she have any sharp objects in the tank such as plastic plants?


Generally, clean water should heal it. If it is a little more severe, 1/2 a tablespoon per 2 gallons.

Its best not to medicate this type.

You can tell if it has fin rot if its edges are black, red or white and fuzzy.

The curling of fins is generally from hard water, or water with alot of dissolved minerals in it. It is completely harmless.
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #3 
Aus
Member
 
Aus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Australia!
Quote:
Its best not to medicate this type.
.. what?

If the fish has severe and persistent fin rot, medicating it is what is needed so the disease does not progress and kill the fish.

HM's are no different to any other betta. If they are sick, for goodness sake, medicate them.

Yes, curling fins can mean the water is hard -- adding some IAL and driftwood can help soften the water, but bettas can tolerate a wide range of conditions and the curling fins aren't too much of an urgent problem. The fi8n rot, however, needs immediate treatment.

I would suggest, Norico, that your friend keep the water very clean and properly warm (but not too warm 76-78F while the fish is sick). Try Kanaplex, Furan-2 or any other gram-negative medication right away. I suggest these strong meds, because you say the disease is severe and has been going on for a long time.

Talk to them about water quality, trying a planted tank to help keep the water clean, water changes regularly, etc etc. And good quality food, too, all of this will help the betta recover and stay healthy afterwards.

Last edited by Aus; 10-09-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #4 
norico
Member
 
norico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tokyo,Japan
Hello there,

Thank you for you guys reply.
I upgrade my friend's betta pics.
A few days ago, my friend bought new white betta, and she past away into 24 hours.
And Black and White betta also fin rot.
Ringht now, Black is floating tank, and I suggest put in salt and medicine.

White is ron fit so much, and he can't recovery his fin.

Sorry, my English is poor. I don't know how to say cut thier fin.

How treat of them ?

Thank you for helping.,
Attached Images
   
norico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #5 
MyRainbowBettaFish
Member
 
MyRainbowBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
.. what?

If the fish has severe and persistent fin rot, medicating it is what is needed so the disease does not progress and kill the fish.

HM's are no different to any other betta. If they are sick, for goodness sake, medicate them.

Yes, curling fins can mean the water is hard -- adding some IAL and driftwood can help soften the water, but bettas can tolerate a wide range of conditions and the curling fins aren't too much of an urgent problem. The fi8n rot, however, needs immediate treatment.

I would suggest, Norico, that your friend keep the water very clean and properly warm (but not too warm 76-78F while the fish is sick). Try Kanaplex, Furan-2 or any other gram-negative medication right away. I suggest these strong meds, because you say the disease is severe and has been going on for a long time.

Talk to them about water quality, trying a planted tank to help keep the water clean, water changes regularly, etc etc. And good quality food, too, all of this will help the betta recover and stay healthy afterwards.
haha sorry aus! I meant not add unneeded chemicals if they actually dont have fin rot, but i worded that wrong, sorry about the confusion!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #6 
MyRainbowBettaFish
Member
 
MyRainbowBettaFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by norico View Post
Hello there,

Thank you for you guys reply.
I upgrade my friend's betta pics.
A few days ago, my friend bought new white betta, and she past away into 24 hours.
And Black and White betta also fin rot.
Ringht now, Black is floating tank, and I suggest put in salt and medicine.

White is ron fit so much, and he can't recovery his fin.

Sorry, my English is poor. I don't know how to say cut thier fin.

How treat of them ?

Thank you for helping.,
Its ok! No problem, and your english is fine!

Clean water will help. If you can, i reccomend a bare minimum of 2 gallons for a betta with a heater.

Bettas need their water at 80 degrees.
The heat will also quicken the fin regrowth.

Also, bettas eat pellets or food made especially for them. some great brand include hikari, new life spectrum, bio-gold, etc. You want one that is strictly meat, and not one that contains wheat/wheat gluten.

water changes every other day or every 2/3 days may need to occur.

also, the betta dosent have fin rot. Fin rot is when the torn fin becomes infected and bloody/burnt(black color)/ or white fuzzy tips appear on the torn tail.

It looks as if the betta tore his tail on something sharp. Plastic plants, along with decor can cause this. To test to see if something is betta safe, just run a women's tights over them, and if it snags, it is not safe for a betta.

Good luck!

also, be sure to treat the water with water conditoner/dechlorinator!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #7 
norico
Member
 
norico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tokyo,Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
.. what?

If the fish has severe and persistent fin rot, medicating it is what is needed so the disease does not progress and kill the fish.

HM's are no different to any other betta. If they are sick, for goodness sake, medicate them.

Yes, curling fins can mean the water is hard -- adding some IAL and driftwood can help soften the water, but bettas can tolerate a wide range of conditions and the curling fins aren't too much of an urgent problem. The fi8n rot, however, needs immediate treatment.

I would suggest, Norico, that your friend keep the water very clean and properly warm (but not too warm 76-78F while the fish is sick). Try Kanaplex, Furan-2 or any other gram-negative medication right away. I suggest these strong meds, because you say the disease is severe and has been going on for a long time.

Talk to them about water quality, trying a planted tank to help keep the water clean, water changes regularly, etc etc. And good quality food, too, all of this will help the betta recover and stay healthy afterwards.
Hello Aus,

Thank you for your reply.

I see I upgrade her betta's pics.
White is something good, only shagging anal fin.

But Black is floating top of water everyday. I guess he has influence from Ammonia. And I suggest put on salt and medicine(kind of Fran).
He still not good, that's why I did new theread.

Thank you for your kindness all the times.
norico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #8 
norico
Member
 
norico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tokyo,Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRainbowBettaFish View Post
Its ok! No problem, and your english is fine!

Clean water will help. If you can, i reccomend a bare minimum of 2 gallons for a betta with a heater.

Bettas need their water at 80 degrees.
The heat will also quicken the fin regrowth.

Also, bettas eat pellets or food made especially for them. some great brand include hikari, new life spectrum, bio-gold, etc. You want one that is strictly meat, and not one that contains wheat/wheat gluten.

water changes every other day or every 2/3 days may need to occur.

also, the betta dosent have fin rot. Fin rot is when the torn fin becomes infected and bloody/burnt(black color)/ or white fuzzy tips appear on the torn tail.

It looks as if the betta tore his tail on something sharp. Plastic plants, along with decor can cause this. To test to see if something is betta safe, just run a women's tights over them, and if it snags, it is not safe for a betta.

Good luck!

also, be sure to treat the water with water conditoner/dechlorinator!
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I see I tell her what you said. She chagne water a little bit everday.

Oh, I thought Black betta is tail rot. I understand. Thank you.

I think White is better than Black. White is eating, swimming and fine. He only shagging his anal fin.

But Black is not eating and swimming. He always top of the water. I guess he has ammonia desease.

Thank you so much,
norico is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the BEST fin rot treatment khatlady Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 17 03-13-2012 09:15 PM
Fin Rot Treatment Comet1993 Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 7 12-13-2011 12:20 AM
Best Ich Treatment? Mjoyn91 Betta Fish Care 7 11-01-2010 06:17 PM
Treatment for Pop eye? Jdh Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 4 09-27-2010 01:44 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.