Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #1 
Greekalphabet

Am I feeding my betta enough?

He's young, I'm guessing in the 6-9 month range? His body is about 1 1/2 inches long with full fins. I've been feeding him once per day with hikari wafers, about 3-4 a time. I've also given him frozen food last night for his meal about half the size of my fingernail. He's had two bloodworms so far but he couldn't get one of them down, although he sure tried. :) does this all sound correct to you guys? Thanks!
Greekalphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Wafers? What type? Bettas need specific food for them. I recommend New Life Spectrum Betta Formula as its high in quality and protein. (; How big are the wafers? If it's big, then feed 1-3 pieces. Bettas can live up to 3 weeks without food so no need to worry. 2 Bloodworms is great! They're treats, remember that.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #3 
Greekalphabet

The wafers are tiny as his mouth is so small. They are the highest in protein I could find at 43%, and the aquarist said its very good quality. She thought this would do just fine for bettas for ingredients and such. I just want to make sure I'm giving him enough to grow without over feeding him either.
Greekalphabet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #4 
LebronTheBetta

Oh OK. Just make sure the first 3 ingredients aren't vegetable/plant matter. Like wheat gluten or wheat flour. These are cheap fillers, bad for your Betta. You want fish foods. (LOL) Like Halibut or Antarctic Shrimp Meal. Yum.. Just get pellets if you have the chance, though. They're the best for your Bettas health.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote