Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

feather like fake plants?

anyone have the feather like fake plants? Im thinking they may be a good option for the 2.5 gals for my long fins friends. Im also looking at silk but to be honest the plastic stems are scaring me a bit.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would go with live but silk will work too I have read of some nylon products over it to simulate fins.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #3 
toad

I just saw those in Petco - they're neat looking, but I like real plants better, as they help with water quality :)
toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #4 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
I just saw those in Petco - they're neat looking, but I like real plants better, as they help with water quality :)
yes they do! I have a (soft) plastic one at the bottom that my boy likes to hide under sometimes but his favorite spot is in the roots of his pothos plant. I toyed with the idea of submerging the leaves too but didnt want to take up too much of his swimming room (since hes only in a 2gal for now) I like knowing he has a live plant in there to filter out the bad stuff plus u get to not only have a nice healthy fish but also a nice healthy plant b/c it uses the bad stuff from the fish as food.
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #5 
Friendlyfishies

I already have live plants but have issues with fungus growing on them and not enough light or a way to buy enough lights for all the tanks so my safest bet would be to go with silk for now. Thanks guys!
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #6 
sareena79

I have a basic led light on my 2g that is only on about 4hrs a day, I just rinse my roots really well on each water change and so far no fungus/algae in 3mo. but I DO think the feather plants would be cool, if u get some take pix so we can see, and report back on how they hold up....
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote