Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-12-2012, 06:14 AM   #11 
Laki

You could locally put up ads in vets, petstores (or close to them), online classifieds. .
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #12 
PitGurl

It's a good thing you want to do but you may have a hard time finding people who are willing to pay for shipping when they can go to a store and buy their own fish for $5.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think Moonshadow ships some of hers.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #14 
SnowySurface

I also think it's a great idea. I actually got Midnight and Shadow from someone who needed to rehome them. I can't be the only person who would take in rescues over buying new-out-of-the-store fish. XD
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #15 
titusthebetta

I've been struck with this urge too! I see so many bettas in deplorable conditions and I really want to rescue them, but knowing that I can't really keep more than one, I would give my rescues up for adoption.

I really need to really consider this before I actually go through with it. *sigh*
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #16 
Kuronue

Location: Chautauqua County, NY - My mind is in my fish tank usually
Go for it!

If its something that you want to do, and you have the means, go for it. Its a truly wonderful thing to do.
Kuronue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #17 
rubinthebetta

It's a great idea! You've inspired me. Then again, you guys are driving me crazy with all this inspiration. *sigh*
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #18 
epicbetta1224

Yea I really think you should these bettas up for adoption after you get them healthy. Give these little bettas new homes.Plus get them healthy! respect the Lord our God while doing this.
epicbetta1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:54 PM   #19 
titusthebetta

I was trying to do research about rescuing, and all I could find is the backlash against buying bettas from poor conditions. I understand the cycle of abuse, but it's extremely difficult to see currently suffering bettas. I know some people have negotiated with stores about getting sick fish for free, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

Also, I've considered doing a rescue at my college. Someone I knew wanted to get rid of her betta and I offered to take it from her, but it died when she changed its water. It just makes me sad to see people at college get these fish (because we can only have fish in our dorms) and then keep them in small tanks and get bored with them because "they don't do much." I'm just trying to keep my eyes out around campus because LPSs don't do a good job with their bettas.
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #20 
registereduser

eh, there are no rules in rescue. Buy or get them free, whatever, don't be discouraged by the betta police.

Craigslist seems to be a pretty good place to find people trying to get rid of fish.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote