Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #1 
Maddybelle

My Pair

I finally found a mate for Quasar! She's a lovely little cellophane girl from betta_affinity on Aquabid. I'd originally planned to get her orange sister, but someone else got there first! Anywho, I'm so excited for her to get here. I've already got her 2.5 gal set up.

This is the seller's pic.
And her hubby-to-be, Quasar the orange halfmoon.

Any thoughts?
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #2 
Gracie8890

Beautiful male and female! Im curious on what color their fry will be!
Gracie8890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #3 
Maddybelle

Here's what the breeder said about Solstice (the female):

"Sorry about the bad photo, but she's a great young female from spawn C, hatched in March, big enough to breed right now and still growing, she's going to be a good size girl -- she's got some pretty aqua blue irridescence on her fins and body, and really nice tail size with good branching for a sd, & sweet conformation ......The father and mother produced 2 spawns for me, and this combination of genes has proved to be exceptional!! Lots of HMs, lots with the exceptionally large dorsal finnage of the father. This spawn including bright lemon yellows, cellophanes, oranges, platinum oranges, red-combos, and some amazingly irridescent fish, good conformation and finnage.... Father was platinum orange HM with tons of rose pink irridescence, mother was yelow partial dragon from HM white dragon x HM extended yellow."

So, I'm hoping for orange, yellow, and cellophane. Most will have iridescence since both Quasar and Solstice have it, and hopefully some will be platinum. I think Quasar is also platinum Orange, since he also has pinkish shiny awesomeness. I'm hoping for some really pretty fry from these two! We don't get many yellow/orange/cello bettas round these parts.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #4 
Maddybelle

^^ Thanks Gracie! Quantum's actually from Petco!! He's got the best form of any petstore fish I've ever seen. Plus, the dummies at the store had him labeled "DELTA". Silly people saved me $3! <3
Old 10-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #5 
Maddybelle

Its amazing what only 9 days of clean water, good food, and plenty of exercise will do! Quasar is now a beautiful OHM. And he's already visibly bigger and brighter. :) His girlfriend should be here Wed. of Thurs. Ordered IAL, a heater, and a sponge filter for the breeding/fry tank!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #6 
Savageajc

2 good looking fish, I've noticed some pretty nice looking Bettas at petco/petsmart. They even now have a section of dragon scale Bettas
Savageajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:32 AM   #7 
Maddybelle

I know! Last time I went to petsmart, I fell in love with a black and greed HMDT and a pretty little dragon plakat: alas, no more room!
Solstice arrived yesterday. Such a pretty girl! She's the exact same size as Quantum, and they seem to like each other. She didn't seem phased by shipping at all, and is eating like a piggy. Arrived all egged up and wiggly!
Any more comments on their form? I love Solstice's topline, anal, and dorsal. I also like Quasar's branching, spread (OHM), color, and ventrals (though they could use some work) I think they compliment each other nicely. :)