Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #1 
katydidmischief

Rescue Female Care

I went to the LPS today to check out their latest shipment of snails, hoping to find some MTS. Alas, all they had was a single gold mystery snail left and after the disaster I've had trying to keep them alive, I've sworn off getting more. So I took a walk along the aisles, not intending to bring home anyone when I saw the writing on the tank: Female Betta 3.99.

I had to look. And there, amid a school of tetras and another species of fish that I don't recall, she was, being chased and nipped at by another fish. She eventually hid inside the only plant in the tank, a plastic hornwort, and I walked away, determined that my three boys were enough. But I went back and found her laying against the filter; I swore and waited, hoping she'd move, which she did, but I could tell she was weak. I decided that if I could get her from there and she survived, I'd adopt her out; if I couldn't lobby the store to give her to me, I'd have to be okay with that. So I found the fish room worker and made my case.

I think she's a veiltail; she's very pale and weak, seems to be unable to hold herself up and I'm not sure she'll make it through the night. But I've got her in warm, conditioned water with stress coat, and I'm hoping others can give advice.
Attached Images

katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Good job I think she will make it.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #3 
OrangeAugust

She's so cute! She's probably just stressed and needs to rest. As long as you have her in warm, clean, conditioned water and she's eating she should be fine.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #4 
lelei

That is the best of medicine, Clean, warm water, with Stress Coat, she will perk up in no time:) Hope all goes well, keep us posted:)
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #5 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Keep us updated.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #6 
katydidmischief

I definitely think you guys are right and it was stress. She's brighter today and she ate--two pellets and a frozen bloodworm--so things look good. :)
katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:24 PM   #7 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Great!