Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

planting the 20g long

I am hoping to set up a 20g long tank for my plakat and am looking at plants. I do not have an aquadic green thrumb lol...should I just stick with anubias and javas and heavily plant those or should I add some others to the mix? I know anubias and javas have to be tied to a rock or wood....If I add any plants that should be planted in substrate id prefer to plant them in terracotta pots so I can easily clean them and not disturb my roots when I do tank vaccs and cleanings et. Any thoughts?
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #2 
purplemuffin

I'm enjoying water wisteria. It takes a while for it to 'settle in' to your tank if you get it from a petstore because water wisteria can be grown in or out of water, and the leaves from the petstore often are used to being out of water. So you'll expect a bit of a die off at first, but when it takes hold it kicks butt!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #3 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post

I'm enjoying water wisteria. It takes a while for it to 'settle in' to your tank if you get it from a petstore because water wisteria can be grown in or out of ater, and the leaves from the petstore often are used to being out of water. So you'll expect a bit of a die off at first, but when it takes hold it kicks butt!
I got some wisteria from petsmart in the little tubes AMD they are nowhere near as pretty as yours! How long have you had. Yours in the tank?
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #4 
starrlamia

some plants are super easy to grow. What kind of light and substrate do you have?
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote