Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2012, 01:52 AM   #21 
ItsKourtneyYoC8
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
It might work XD it also sounds like an interesting idea.
I really dont recommend keeping the sword in a vase/jar unless it is large enough to accomodate some water flow :)

back to the shrimp cover thing...My shrimp cover's the jungle to the right in this picture

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/14/yvetany8.jpg
That is so so sooo pretty! I want to get a bunch of different sized jars like you have and just have them everywhere! Lolthey just give off a sort of Zen vibe you know?
I feel like its been so peaceful since I got the aquarium going and ciroc. I lurve my sir rocky :3
He is so funny, I'll spy on him when I pass by and he will be chillin but if I stop to look he goes crazy >.<

What size aquarium is that? I really want to upgrade to a 10 gallon but I think I might juststart a new project with the 10 once I get the 5 established.
For the cover I think I'm going to use the vase and get a small bottle of ciroc. How would I go about getting the alcohol out completely? Boiling it?

Oh and the pot vase thing th sword is in, I think it will be okay if it stays in there. It has big gaps in it and a lot of roots are hanging out. Once I finish doing water changes and setting it up tonight Ill post some pictures!
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:00 AM   #22 
ao
TFK Moderator
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsKourtneyYoC8 View Post
That is so so sooo pretty! I want to get a bunch of different sized jars like you have and just have them everywhere! Lolthey just give off a sort of Zen vibe you know?
I feel like its been so peaceful since I got the aquarium going and ciroc. I lurve my sir rocky :3
He is so funny, I'll spy on him when I pass by and he will be chillin but if I stop to look he goes crazy >.<

What size aquarium is that? I really want to upgrade to a 10 gallon but I think I might juststart a new project with the 10 once I get the 5 established.
For the cover I think I'm going to use the vase and get a small bottle of ciroc. How would I go about getting the alcohol out completely? Boiling it?

Oh and the pot vase thing th sword is in, I think it will be okay if it stays in there. It has big gaps in it and a lot of roots are hanging out. Once I finish doing water changes and setting it up tonight Ill post some pictures!
XD my aquarium is significantly smaller than yours :P it's a 2.5
I have dreams of getting the 1 gallon glass tanks and planting one @.@ too, but that's kinda out of my budget right now T___T (like the heater and filter and everything)

I can't wait to see your new photos!

for alcohol, you can wash it thoroughly with warm water and let it sit in the sun for a few days. this way the alcohol will completely evaporate :)

I would probably also wash it with a salt solution
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:50 AM   #23 
ItsKourtneyYoC8
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
XD my aquarium is significantly smaller than yours :P it's a 2.5
I have dreams of getting the 1 gallon glass tanks and planting one @.@ too, but that's kinda out of my budget right now T___T (like the heater and filter and everything)

I can't wait to see your new photos!

for alcohol, you can wash it thoroughly with warm water and let it sit in the sun for a few days. this way the alcohol will completely evaporate :)

I would probably also wash it with a salt solution
What kind of salt solution? Aquarium salt?

The last ghost just died...
But I got one last picture of him or her.
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:53 AM   #24 
ao
TFK Moderator
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
Hmm maybe its your water parameters...

you probably need more stem plants in there as the substrate is probably leaking nitrates...

I would suggest to pull the fishie out and get the water tested...or do a major water change and plant more...
When I did my NPT i started off with this...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...ps4dd3023c.jpg
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:23 AM   #25 
ItsKourtneyYoC8
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
Hmm maybe its your water parameters...

you probably need more stem plants in there as the substrate is probably leaking nitrates...

I would suggest to pull the fishie out and get the water tested...or do a major water change and plant more...
When I did my NPT i started off with this...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...ps4dd3023c.jpg
That makes sense. He is in his cup in the tank. Here is a
picture I just took c:


I can do a test now and get more plants when I cash my check.

Can I leave him in the cup and the tank? I was going to do a change now again but my comfy bed and loving boyfriend and
Puppies are calling my naaame! Lol!

Last edited by ItsKourtneyYoC8; 10-14-2012 at 03:27 AM.
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:30 AM   #26 
ao
TFK Moderator
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
sure you can. make sure to leave some room for air and do a water change when you wake up in the morning.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:33 AM   #27 
ItsKourtneyYoC8
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Orleans
Yepp nitrates.
No nitrites.
Either 6.5 or 7.0 ph
80? Carbonate hardness
60? General hardness

Are the last two okay?
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:37 AM   #28 
ao
TFK Moderator
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
uh.. how much nitrates? shrimps are very sensitive... but the fish should be ok if its under 40ppm

hows the ammonia?
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:55 AM   #29 
ItsKourtneyYoC8
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
uh.. how much nitrates? shrimps are very sensitive... but the fish should be ok if its under 40ppm

hows the ammonia?

I don't know about ammonia. I need to get a test for that but the nitrates ate 20 ppm
So I could put him in till tomorrow when I do another change?
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #30 
ao
TFK Moderator
 
ao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NYC
XD actually not until you get that ammonia tested :P
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newly registered NVGail228 Meet the Betta Keepers 8 10-10-2012 12:31 AM
Newly decorated 10g nochoramet Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 12 09-12-2010 03:10 PM
Newly set up 20 gal sorority! Elaina Betta Pictures 22 01-07-2010 07:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.