Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #21 
Aqua Betta

Laki,

That's funny about the syringe and turkey baster! Yeah, I thought the blood would attract him too, but it didn't seem to impress him at all.

I'm going to another pet store in a little while to check out their Betta food choices. Someone recommended Hikari Betta Bio Gold pellets because they're smaller (BeBe couldn't swallow the first pellets I tried) and they float. I will give them a try - finger's crossed.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how it goes.
Aqua Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #22 
Laki

Okay, cannot wait to hear the progress. I think Hikari is among the good ones but my mind is fuzzy. OmegaOne buffet, Aqueon (are small and my fish love them), and attisons (which I don't think you can buy in stores).. These three are some of the best. I know people here feed hikari but if you can find Omega or Aqueon get them instead :)
I guess at this point it doesn't matter! lol Just wants him eating anything!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:49 PM   #23 
Aqua Betta

Thanks Laki. Yes, I looked for the Omega One Buffet and New Life Spectrum Betta Formula that was recommended yesterday, but could not find either one. I did locate the Hikari at a local Pet Supply store, so maybe they have the Omega One or Aqueon. I will check and maybe by both to see which one works (hopefully, one of them will!).
Old 10-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #24 
Aqua Betta

Laki,

Well, I'm at work and BeBe does not look good - he's just laying at the bottom of the tank. I'm really sad for him. I bought the Bio Gold, but he's not even swimming to the surface anymore. I'm so sad.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #25 
Laki

What's the temp of the water right now?
Did you test it?
And is he breathing heavily? Laying lethargic? Can you notice his poop laying around? It should be orangish clumps.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #26 
Aqua Betta

Water temperature is 79. He's scooting around the bottom of the tank and is having trouble holding himself up. He's not swimming the tank like he was yesterday, and he's not coming up to the surface. He doesn't appear to be breathing heavily. Yes, I think there was poop, but it didn't appear to be orangish (could have been a wayward blood worm from yesterday?).
Old 10-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #27 
Laki

Is it whitish then?? Might be parasites. I told Sakura and linked her.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #28 
Aqua Betta

Yes, whitish or almost clear. Thanks for contacting Sakura, I really appreciate it!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #29 
Aqua Betta

One more thing - it looks like he has two dark spots on one side of his body (about in the middle). I had noticed the really small one a couple of weeks ago, but someone told me that maybe one of his scales came off. Today I noticed the larger one on the same side. Not sure what it is - do you think it could be a parasite?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:36 PM   #30 
Laki

I have no experience with parasites, so I cannot tell you about external appearances. All I know is sometimes a parasite in the betta can cause his poop to be stringy and white.