Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #41 
Aqua Betta

Laki, I removed it from the tank when I got here. Thanks. Sakura8, How would I get it to him on the bottom of the tank? He's not coming to the surface and isn't moving much at all. No, he doesn't look bloated.
Aqua Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #42 
Aqua Betta

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to leave. Everyone else left almost two hours ago, and I have to lock up the building. Thank you all for your help! I'll be here for about five more minutes.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #43 
Laki

Can you carry him and the contents of his tank home? What time will you be in tomorrow?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:33 PM   #44 
Laki

I would raise him in a net/cup and keep him towards the surface of the water, since they're air breathers it will help him either way. You can offer the garlic soaked food through the holding cup.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #45 
Sakura8

What Laki said. Also, if he has trouble rising up to the surface to breathe, you can lower the water level. But cupping him is probably the easiest.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #46 
Aqua Betta

Laki & Sakura8,

Thank you for your replies. I was so sad to leave BeBe last night - I couldn't take him home because I don't have any setup for him, plus I didn't want to stress him any more. My co-worker just called (I asked her to check on him) and she said that he made it through the night, but is still on the bottom of the tank. I am going to get the epsom salt and will drive back to work shortly. I will also raise him up and see if I can coax him to eat.

Any other suggestions? Thanks so much for your help! My little BeBe is a fighter for sure!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #47 
Laki

Great news :)
Hopefully the epsom works!
Old 10-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #48 
Aqua Betta

Thanks Laki. I'm leaving now. I have to stop at the store and it takes about a 1/2 hour to get there. I will check in when I arrive at work. I'm also bringing the garlic paste to try to entice him to eat the new Bio Gold pellets. Can you explain how I can securely keep him at the top of the tank in a smaller container. I only have the small .5 glass tank, the plastic container that he came in, and a net. Thanks again for all of your help and encouragement!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #49 
Aqua Betta

Laki,

Well, I've been here for about an hour. I added two tsp of Epson Salt into his tank. I also raised him up in the net and added the crushed garlic to his Bio Gold. He seemed to do better with breathing, and I think he ate at least one pellet (he did his quick move that he used to do to attack his food), but once I let him out of the net he's back on the bottom again. Also, I'm worried about the water quality because the garlic leached a little into the tank from the net. I think I will lower the water level because I don't know how to sustain him in the net while I'm gone. Any advice? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #50 
MaisyDawgThirteen

That's great! At least he has some food in him. :) Definately lower the water level. Is it a 3 gallon? If so lower it to around half.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote