Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #1 
Leopardfire

How bad would you say my betta's fin rot is?

So I took some pics of my betta Comet today and I want to know how serious his fin rot is. I've been trying really hard to clear it up, but because of ammonia problems, it won't go away. I know it's pretty bad, but I want to know how it compares to other betta's fin rot.
Right now I'm trying to fix his water quality, but other than that, I'm not medicating or anything. I have used meds twice but like I said before they didn't work because of the ammonia. Should I be really worried about his fins and start actively treating? I was kind of hoping it would go away after I cleaned up the water. I feel really bad for him.
Anyway, here are the pics:

Leopardfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

Bad but not unhealable (is that even a word?). Lots of fresh, clean, temp appropriate water & I think he'll heal up. It'll take some time so be patient.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #3 
homegrown terror

my rosetail Frodo has a HORRIBLE case of fin rot (he just finished his 10 day salt treatment, showing signs of regrowth) and it was a lot worse than that. my fiance's VT Eric had it so bad, his tail was about a millimeter long, his dorsal wasn't much longer, and his anal, while still long, looked like it'd gone through a paper shredder. nowadays though, his dorsal is still short, but his tail is growing more and more every day, and his anal is so full you'd never know anything had ever happened. there is always hope!
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fin rot, severity, treating