Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #111 
madmonahan

I have never been bullied, but if I ever do I don't think it would last long. my brothers would do something, (very protective brothers) but I would not let someone bully me. Most people don't mess with me anyway. Now I'm homeschooled. :)
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #112 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Many Autistics are actually bullied even by teachers.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #113 
bahamut285

A lot of people get bullied; dare I say all people get bullied at some point in their life. Even animals bully each other.

The point being is that it depends on how you react to the bullying. You spend what 12 years maximum with the same people (all-inclusive schools like mine) then what? You're going to hold some sort of forever-grudge against the people who bullied you? NO. You move on with your life, meet good people, forget those who are bad for you. According to the ones who I have on facebook, about 50% of my high school bullies are now losers living in their mother's basement. The other 50% are off living their own lives, maybe married with kids, I don't know.

I understand that being bullied is hard when you're trying to just get by day-to-day with school and stuff, but you gotta think about the future. They're not going to be IN your future. AT ALL. You'll see them tomorrow, You'll see them at graduation, then they're GONE. They're in your lives for a small and insignificant fraction.

Learn lessons from your past, don't live in it.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #114 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I have even read verbal bullying can help the ability to solve problems.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #115 
Bluewind

I am a 27 year old woman with aspergers. I was teased in school, but never caught people "talking behind my back" because I can't read deception. What people said to my face was accepted as true. I do know they thought I was fake because no one could honestlly be THAT nice, smart, and oblivious. I was bullied by my 6th grade teacher. I was verbally abused and neglected (to the point of bones sticking out) by my mother. I am still teased for being different, but now? Frankly my dear I don't give a damn. It is what it is. But as a kid, it was beyond hard. I had nothing and no one. It scared me and made it hard for me to trust people.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #116 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My Bones stick out too.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #117 
Bluewind

When it comes to the Todd girl, the bullying can't be heaped all on her shoulders. At that age, children have yet to develop forthought and hindsight. It's part of the reason kids do "stupid stuff" that ends up killing them. Also, the fact that they are allowed to drive doesn't mean it's a good idea. She decided to do something stupid and crazy (haven't we all?) one night and paid for it in spades. She was bullied and after years of that, ended up seeing herself as a piece of **** that didn't diserve anything. It's why she agreed to going with the boy.

She was also on antidepresents. Was she having side effects? Did they make her have suicidal ideations? I was on Chymbolta at one point and it helped with my depression and anxiety, but made me have urdges to hurt myself! Thank God I fought it and went to the doc and made them change it! The urdges were bazar, like the same as getting hungry. If she was on something that was causing bad side effects on top of bullying, it could have triggered the suicide.

Last edited by Bluewind; 12-14-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #118 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Even teenagers dont have that kind of thought.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:37 PM   #119 
Bluewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
My Bones stick out too.
Why do your bones stick out?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #120 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I have a very high metablism. I have been gaining weight and a now 5:8 and 120 pounds. When I was bullied it was Physical and verbal.