Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #61 
deso

Apologies Shaina. I took it a bit harshly, mostly because I don't think a man would be hailed as a hero if he were in Todd's place...if so, the world is a sick, sick place.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #62 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Shaina was being sarcastic, I think. I picked it up but sarcasm can be hard to read online.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #63 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
Apologies Shaina. I took it a bit harshly, mostly because I don't think a man would be hailed as a hero if he were in Todd's place...if so, the world is a sick, sick place.
I was talking about the sleeping around part. If a guy cheats the boys call him a stud, but if a girl cheats, she is a w. That goes for casual too. It's sad that people today still see women as second class citizens.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #64 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Over here I have never heard a guy who cheats being called a stud. However, your last statement is true, but it does not apply to every man.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:25 AM   #65 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Well I'm in high school and it's pretty impressive to get with a ton of girls.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #66 
deso

Ok, now I understand what you were getting at, Shaina. Thanks Olympia for pointing out the sarcasm, indeed I didn't notice it :/

Yes, there is a sickening double standard for women when it comes to "sleeping around", not only in Canada or the USA. I wouldn't say that a man would be called a stud for cheating on his girl, but it certainly wouldn't have the same consequences for him. Not only is there that double standard, but men are often better equipped physically (and culturally) to defend themselves from harassment. Now you've got me thinking that if she were a boy, the situation may have not reached this magnitude. Ugh, how terrible is that.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #67 
xShainax

If a women takes BC, people say she is sleeping around too. UGH, we can't get a break from anything. -.-
Old 10-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #68 
deso

Here in France, it's standard procedure for all women to begin taking BC at age 14 in public schools. It's a requirement, the middle schools distribute pills along with the courses, because they don't want girls dropping out of school due to an unplanned pregnancy and missing out on an education. Most of the European Union countries function like that. I wish the USA would catch up a little, but I don't see that happening any day soon.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #69 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
Here in France, it's standard procedure for all women to begin taking BC at age 14 in public schools. It's a requirement, the middle schools distribute pills along with the courses, because they don't want girls dropping out of school due to an unplanned pregnancy and missing out on an education. Most of the European Union countries function like that. I wish the USA would catch up a little, but I don't see that happening any day soon.
Try telling that to the southern states. They have abstinence only courses and the highest teen pregnancy rates in the US, especially Mississippi.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #70 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I would never take BC, it can make you infertile later in life. O.o I'd rather rely on my self control. Though I guess we are overpopulated anyways.
Posted via Mobile Device