Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #1 
finnfinnfriend

The ignorance! *MAJOR FACEPALM*

Ok, so I was at my local diner, and I overhear some MORON at the table next to me talking about fish he's had. He was talking about how he was putting "feeder fish" WITH a betta fish in a 1.5 GALLON TANK!!!! Then he was talking about how they kept dying within 72 hours! You would think after two animals dying within a week, in a row, the average person would realize they are doing something wrong and maybe RESEARCH the topic or STOP BUYING FISH!!! That's not all, he was referring to the with numbers....9,. 10, 11, etc were "penciling" or "seizuring out".....omg I can't believe he killed that many fish....I really hate it when people's ignorance leads to the suffering of living things....
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #2 
Akito38

Saw a family buying a gallon tank for the betta they were also buying and they wanted to put other fish in with the betta. People really need to read up more on how to do these things.
Akito38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #3 
Bombalurina

If ignorance like this frustrates you, steer clear of youtube and Yahoo Answers. I had to leave in the end - there were just too many people who wanted help, but refused to believe that they were doing something wrong.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:11 PM   #4 
finnfinnfriend

Yeah, I left yahoo answers a long time ago....
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #5 
flyingxchanges

oh my goodness. How can people be so ignorant!?

I feel HORRIBLE about the first 2 Bettas I owned when I was a teenager. Little glass bowls, infrequent water changes...no heater, etc. But I wasn't that bad.

I'm SO glad this time I found all you wonderful people to help me! And this time my fishies will live for years in stead of months

Thank goodness for all you educated fish people out there that help keep the fishies happy and healthy!
flyingxchanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:39 PM   #6 
Nuzzlux

friend of mine had 2 betta in a 2.5 gal. I told her many times that was too small. She didn't care. Then randomly she bought 3 neon tetra and put them in a new 1 gallon with her other betta she got on a whim the same day. I got so mad at her. I told her to take the tetra out NOW and put them in the 2.5 gallon. She did. and of course the tetra ended up dying a few days later. But at least I saved her new betta in the 1 gal tank. So irresponsible it hurts. I try to explain to her the nitrogen cycle, over stocking, and schooling but she just pushes it off. UGH. She recently bought a cichlid and has it in 2.5 gal tank....... I just want to slap her -_-
Nuzzlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:44 PM   #7 
Tikibirds

I was sitting the backseat while my sister and her friend were going to petco. Her friend said she got sick of her guppies breeding so she took the whole tank and dumped them all out on the sidewalk
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:01 AM   #8 
IndeedPanda

See, the petco near my house has a fish snob working there. She tells people right off the bat that they bettas won't survive well in little tanks and questions their set up before she'll even sell them a fish. She does her best but I've seen a few idiots say "Nah, I know people who keep bettas in jars." She's like "Yeah, and they don't last longer than a year or so, right? They'll also never be as happy, entertaining, or healthy as fish in 5g tanks."

I love her.
IndeedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #9 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

i would kill someone pouring guppies on the sidewalk and I have icknophobia a fear of dead fish also I am afraid my first three fish lived in cold bowls and when I took the ten down i put the heater in there then he took the ten happy ending for the third named the account after him he is a chocolate Betta and his name is carter he is hyper aggressive sorry for the old thread bringing up but great stories.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #10 
Bresn

I was walking in the streets,then I saw a young kid holding a betta in a cup,and the mom looked like she knows NOTHING about betta.
Bresn is offline   Reply With Quote