Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2012, 03:14 AM   #41 
LadyVictorian

VERY

For that many fish in that small of a tank you need to change 100% every day.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:16 AM   #42 
azurefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
VERY

For that many fish in that small of a tank you need to change 100% every day.
ah I see..>.<
thank you so much for the input :)
azurefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #43 
Myates

You don't want to do a 100% in a tank where the fish in the tank (mainly otos) NEED an established tank that has been fully cycled.. oto can be a tricky fish for most to keep alive for any long period of time.

BUT, you can keep those in a 10 gallon as long as the tank is cycled, and has a great number of live plants- the plants will be a food source that is needed by the oto, as well as it will help in keeping the tank healthy to where you can do just partial water changes per week. It is recommended to have them in larger tanks, but if done correctly, a 10-15 gallon is possible.

**There will always be a difference in opinions, and some people believe in strict guidelines. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I will be honest in what is possible when it comes to caring for fish. I recommend though that if one does want to take a chance when it comes to tanks/fish, then they go the extra mile and do what it takes to make it safe and healthy.
- I am not promoting placing the cories/otos in a 5 gallon, a 10 would be absolute minimum.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #44 
azurefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
You don't want to do a 100% in a tank where the fish in the tank (mainly otos) NEED an established tank that has been fully cycled.. oto can be a tricky fish for most to keep alive for any long period of time.

BUT, you can keep those in a 10 gallon as long as the tank is cycled, and has a great number of live plants- the plants will be a food source that is needed by the oto, as well as it will help in keeping the tank healthy to where you can do just partial water changes per week. It is recommended to have them in larger tanks, but if done correctly, a 10-15 gallon is possible.

**There will always be a difference in opinions, and some people believe in strict guidelines. Nothing wrong with that at all, but I will be honest in what is possible when it comes to caring for fish. I recommend though that if one does want to take a chance when it comes to tanks/fish, then they go the extra mile and do what it takes to make it safe and healthy.
- I am not promoting placing the cories/otos in a 5 gallon, a 10 would be absolute minimum.
thank you so much for the advice
well, yes when I see my tank, I think I decided to put some plants in my tank
for now I only have few Marimos and Anubias Gold..
I plan to put some long leaves plant that betta usualy like, and some floating plants too..for the small plants I think marimo already do the good^^ had Anubias Gold too already..
I still research for which type I'm gonna buy..
I need some low light and medium/slow growth rate Plants..any suggestion Betta Lovers?^^
azurefox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, light, pale, sick