Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #1 
Ink

Sprinkles isnt doing well, advice appreciated

On Friday, I woke up to sprinkles doing barrel rolls basically and got him into QT. HE SEEMED to be doing better yesterday, but tonight he's lying on the bottom of the cup breathing hard. I lowered his water level and am keeping comfortable and in clean water. I don't want him to suffer needlessly. The damage appears to be neurological and I could really use some advice on what to do. Has anyone kept a Betta that couldn't swim right ir shoild i assume he's suffering greatly?
Thank you so much for reading.
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #2 
Friendlyfishies

sounds like a parasite problem, tho im not experienced enough to weigh in on it and im sure someone else with more experience could chime in?? How old is the betta? Have you had him long? What size tank? Heated? Cycled? Water changes? tank mates? et. If it is parasites ive heard AQ salt could help...again someone with more experience could direct you better. Do you have a pic or video? Sometimes that helps.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:51 AM   #3 
fishysrfun

This sounds like it could possibly be a swim bladder problem but it sounds more like parasites.. If its parasites try soaking the food in garlic juice and feeding that.
Good Luck!
Posted via Mobile Device
fishysrfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #4 
Ink

It would probably help if i linked to my other thread:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=116838
The other fish in the divided tank is fine, I think he smacked into some glass while trying to jump the divider, he looks normal but his condition has gotten worse over the past day.
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #5 
Myates

Oldfishlady is one of the top people to do to for fish problems.. so any advice she gives I would follow it very closely.

Are you still using AQ salt? If so, and it is swim bladder related you could be doing more harm than good.. normally with swim issues you are going to be wanting to use Epsom Salt, used the same way as AQ (1-3tsp per gallon, daily 100% water change + conditioner).

I would also recommend sticking to one thread about this issue to avoid confusion, and so others don't repeat what is already being told :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote