Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2012, 10:12 AM   #21 
Laki

Well I saw a lot of episodes of Animal Cops where the shelters' policies are to put down fighting dogs. At least it's better than suffering. Some are saved but .. I hate that dog fighting is a thing. It's big in Toronto I think, but nobody ever thinks of it as being in Canada, but it is.
Aw, Shepherds are such graceful dogs. I will admit they are the only breed to make me nervous because they are so loyal and devoted and with such dedication to their people and their job but I know my prejudice is the only thing holding me back from them. I know they're amazing dogs.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #22 
laynisample

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Well I saw a lot of episodes of Animal Cops where the shelters' policies are to put down fighting dogs. At least it's better than suffering. Some are saved but .. I hate that dog fighting is a thing. It's big in Toronto I think, but nobody ever thinks of it as being in Canada, but it is.
Aw, Shepherds are such graceful dogs. I will admit they are the only breed to make me nervous because they are so loyal and devoted and with such dedication to their people and their job but I know my prejudice is the only thing holding me back from them. I know they're amazing dogs.
Yeah, if anyone were to approach me in any sort of threatening manner Sitka would probably take their arm off. He is extremely loyal and protects the entire family. The collies we have are twice his size and he's the best guard dog.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #23 
Laki

lol I love dogs so much! The way we portray some dogs is so wrong.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
And I'm sure the person'd be even more furious if the dog ran into the street into incoming traffic, or if the Maltese met another dog who wasn't dog-friendly. Sometimes I wonder if people don't realize that leash laws are as much for the safety of the animal as for the community.
Posted via Mobile Device
That Maltese came out growling and hemeant business. The dog he tried to attack was a Shih Tsu who was dog aggressive.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #25 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
That Maltese came out growling and hemeant business. The dog he tried to attack was a Shih Tsu who was dog aggressive.
Good greif. That's a recipe for desaster... You'd think that the Maltese's owner would figure out the need for a leash on his/her own.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #26 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
They've told me before that I shouldn't walk down my own road because they have pit bulls o.O
Jeez. It's that kind of people who just shouldn't have a bully breed, or likely any dog at all. Sorry, but using a dog (or animal in general) as a status symbol is just silly. Have the animal because you like him/her as an individual.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #27 
birdielikestomatoes

In my neighborhood the HOA doesn't allow fences, which means (you guessed it) that many dogs are allowed to roam around when let outside. :\

I've never had any bad luck with an aggressive dog however many dogs that are let out will wander over to my yard and do their business which stresses my pooch out because she feels she has to remark her place.

When we let her out to do her business she's always on a retractable leash, that way she feels as if she has some freedom. Although I do admit I have let her loose before, though to be on the safe side I have a bag of treats in my pocket that I make sure she knows about, that way she doesn't wander more than 6ft away.

I had a neighbor once who just let her dog get loose, and you would see said dog all over the neighborhood. It would walk in the roads and almost got hit many times. He would also wander quite far from home, I think the farthest I saw him from home was about 2-3 miles away. I was always worried sick about that dog and even today I hope that he's alright.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #28 
njnolan1

Oh God man, lol. I dealt with similar situations many times since I moved here. Idiots. I can't stand these people. I live in a squished town house community. Everyone has dogs.

If one's dog is a GREAT listener and I mean like police dog trained than fine, don't put it on a leash. My dog is aggressive so I use a leash. But 80% of these people have dogs that don't listen at all and even they think "it's my yard, I don't need to have it on a leash" their dogs don't know where the boundaries end. Many dog fights because people didn't have their dogs on leashes. Little dogs running into the streets and the idiot owners just laughing about it, meanwhile I'm fuming because my dog is acting like a nut. I actually had one lady tell me that her dog just doesn't like dogs. This is after she opened her back door while to let her dog out to go the bathroom unleashed!

So your dog is bad without other dogs but what the hell right?

I feel your pain.

"Oh Riley, come here. Come here riley. Come here riley!"
Me: My dog will bite your dog
Them: Riley, come here. Come here Riley!. Giggle.

My dog is about 42 pounds and will not let me pick it up. She's a pretty independent dog. We got some training but you can only do so much once they're fully grown. She's about 6 now.

She was adopted at about 1.5-2 years old with no known backround.

Last edited by njnolan1; 10-16-2012 at 12:37 PM.
njnolan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #29 
dramaqueen
Banned

The Shih Tsu 's owner told me I should have let his dog mop up the street with the Maltese but I didn't want them to fight and the owners to end up with vet bills because of it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #30 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
The Shih Tsu 's owner told me I should have let his dog mop up the street with the Maltese but I didn't want them to fight and the owners to end up with vet bills because of it.

-________-
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote