Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

Smile Lily and Yoghurt!!

So, first off Yoghurt is the new name of my boyfriend's (Ryan) sister's fish. She said he was sick... So I took a look and "interogated" her
food: a pinch
Type: flakes
Cleaning: ..... Cleaning: ..... CLEANING: Okay so she admited the 0.5 gallon was left for almost 4 weeks. Poor boy split his caudal fin, and he was going white and was bloated. Diagnosis: Ammonia burning, possible poisoning, and SBD. Took him home to heal him.

Ryan picks up the tank... "WHERE DOES THE FISH SWIM?!!" He barely knows anything about fish, but he did notice this little tank was TOO little! So in a grumbling rant he ends up going to Walmart and we were there for a half hour just looking at tanks: something space friendly, but fish friendly and cat proof!!

And then there was 1.5 gallons not even a half hour and he was more colorful, active and frantically checking everything out. SPACE!!!

AND LILY! Cute little cellophone female who I do believe is a veiltail. Fin rot... And I noticed a faint irridescent coloration on her fins and body (greeny blue) so it will be interesting to see what she will be!! Small, and smushed between two other betta cups (male double tails...both rotted too!) she showed the most response to me, and plus... Unique little lady... Why not take a chance?

I'll post new pics of her :) she was of today, and now in..... two gallons of water which made it hard for me to get a picture of her when she was zipping around!
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Nice but still pretty small.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

Yes, but not everyone can have a fabulous large tank for every betta. For his sister, it was either upgrade or not. So we did, and she didn't have a choice.

As for the female, she is in quarantine (every day cleaning) and will be upgraded when I get my 15 gallon.

I know you and many people are against bowls but I and many others use them for healing fish, or at leats can make a difference in someone else's life, with their fish being healthier and happier in something as a mere 1 gallon upgrade.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I reccomend 2.5 and I could divide my tank and could have more bettas but am against dividing tanks.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

Well we tried to find a tank that would not make her refuse but I'm making her a strict schedule of cleaning, which I'll be making sure she sticks to - and my boyfriend will make sure too. Here I am "that fish girl"

As for little Lily, she is in a 3 gallon but I only filled it to 2 for medicating IF needed (but clean water should be all she needs) and that way I can always fill it... If she does not go to the 15.

I divide tanks But... I literally let my fish choose if they can be in a divided tank!! Some of my bettas I found needed to be alone... Some could SEE but not be anywhere near other bettas, and some just stop caring there is a betta next door I have my double tail and halfmoon in a divided 10, and my crowntail and baby female VT in another divided 10. both have live and fake plants and tons of coverage ^^
Old 10-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #6 
Karebear13

omg she is so cute and small!
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

yes lol. She is just a tiny thing! Not as bad as Sarah or her wee sister, but still not "full grown" status :/ My crowntail is larger than my fancy boys, but this girl is small!! Cannot wait for her colors x)
Old 10-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #8 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Glad there are plenty of hiding spots.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

Well otherwise my poor babies would be sick.. :p OH!!!! HERE is the 0.5 gallon. I think it is... about 2.5 inches width, which makes me wonder how fishies can turn around? Anyways, I said I was keeping it... for this. He's the only fish that fits in the tank. ChoclateBetta, is that a good use for the tank? It is being used in my explanations and teachings to people, on why certain tanks are just plain dumb. some 1 gallons, 2 gallons and 3 gallons are just as bad as this little tank. Oh... that was the only plant I could find that fit.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #10 
fleetfish

Oh my goodness! Lily looks EXACTLY like my girl Amelia! Right down to the blue grizzle on her sides! Spawn sister possibly? I will get pics of Amelia soon :)
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote