Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #1 
cheynan

Smile What's your favorite type of Bowl to keep your Betta fish in?

I wanna get my fish a new tank because the one she's in now is getting old. I prefer a medium sized round one. What do you guys use?
cheynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #2 
MyRainbowBettaFish

mine both are in 3 and 10 gallon tanks
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #3 
DragonFish

I don't know about any fully round tanks except for maybe a BiOrb(http://www.amazon.com/biOrb-4-Gallon...keywords=biorb) that would be large enough to serve as a permanent long-term home....

Personally my favorite tanks are the Fluval Edges and Fluval Chis. I don't have either, but they're my dream tanks, especially the Chi. xD
I have a large 2.5 glass drum bowl....not perfectly round(but I prefer that....as a photographer, the distortion with fully round tanks drives me nuts. xD)but its pretty neat. Different from your average tank, that is.
Also, because I'm weird, for smaller tanks(under 5 gallons)I love Kritter/Pet Keepers. Cheap, safe, and light and easy for water changes. Some people might think they're tacky, but I kinda like the look of them as well.....

Last edited by DragonFish; 10-16-2012 at 10:50 AM.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #4 
lelei

I have never used a bowl, I use 3 gal and 5 gal tanks, with lots of plants, and hiding caves, my smallest is a 2.5 gallon, and I am already thiniking of going bigger..Your best bet is to look into the 2.5 MIni bow tanks as a starting point, or a 3 or 5 gal Crescent Tank from Marineland, they are very nice.
lelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #5 
Freyja
Banned

I know in the crafts section at Wal-mart I saw a pretty decent sized one. More than a gallon. You could also try other craft stores or Marshall's as I also saw one there that was easily 2 gallons.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #6 
Kuronue

Location: Chautauqua County, NY - My mind is in my fish tank usually
I've never had anything smaller than 5, but moving up to a 10 was actually surprisingly easier to maintenance for me.

I don't know about round, but you could always try one of the hex tanks if you don't find a round :]
Kuronue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #7 
cheynan

Wow, your fish are living in a hotel suite ;)
cheynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #8 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheynan View Post
Wow, your fish are living in a hotel suite ;)
no, not a hotel suite, a suitable home :)
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #9 
whiskandbowl

My boys each are in 2gallon Kritter Keepers while my 6.6gallon cycles.
I'd love to have 2 ten gallons for each of them but I don't have the space so I just put up with tons of water changes.

IMO, 2 gallons is the smallest a betta should be kept in, and even then, frequent water changes should be observed. Some bowls are big enough, but most aren't
whiskandbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #10 
Sivan

Ideas like "medium" and "large" are not good judgments on what is truly important when it comes to betta tanks: volume. The only thing that truly matters is the volume, that is how many gallons/liters a space can hold. Surface air is also an important factor. Anything that holds less than 1 gallon of water cannot provide betta fish with what they need.

Tanks that hold less than 1 gallon of water cannot be heated at the needed tropical temperature range and maintain that heat without large fluctuations, they cannot provide an environment where toxic chemicals that naturally produce in the water at a safe rate that can be balanced with water changes over long periods of time (ammonia being a common killer, for example, and they do not provide enough room for the fish to exercise.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fish behavior, fish bowl, fish size, fish tank