Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #1 
purplemuffin

The sorority girls all settled in

And now as I make this thread they will receive names! It's been a few days and they all still seem healthy and active, so huzzah!

Some of the pics will be borrowed from the last thread, but I needed a new one anyway so the pics would be up on the first part of the thread rather than the very end.

Anyway, the girls!

Teacup:

She is so dainty and petite. Nathan has totally fallen in love with her. She's not the smallest of the girls, but she sure acts like it. She's very outgoing, but delicate with her movements. She loves to stare at you for hours.

Clementine:

She's the original girl I had prior to the sorority. I was worried she might be a bully, but she's got some pretty good competition from the other 'big' girls! Though she's a total pig! She needs to be separated at feeding time or she will eat til she is ready to explode.

Daora:

She is the smallest girl, though teacup is only a little bit bigger. I managed to get her to eat one pellet, though she hasn't eaten much. She is interested in bloodworms. I may have to separate her at feeding time for a while just so she has a chance to learn what is food before the other girls beat her to it!

Felicia:

She's not a delicate flower! This is one tough broad. She's one of the bigger girls and is not shy by any means. She likes to be right up at the front of the tank. Though she manages to get herself stuck in the thicker planted areas of the tank sometimes when she goes exploring. I'll have to keep an eye on her, she likes to burrow through anything. Her coloring reminds me of an antique doll.

Velvet:

She's the biggest of all the girls, but is at the bottom of the food chain! Even little teacup flares and scares this baby off. She's darkest when it's lights off but in the day she gets stressed. Hoping that she will settle in soon enough and be a bit calmer. She's super interesting! She is a dark black/burgundy with neon blue iridescence. Way cool looking in person, even with the stress stripes she tends to get.

Wendy:

She's a total cutie. Not quite shy, not quite aggressive. Not quite fast, not quite slow. Not quite big, not quite small. Everything she does is very average, heh. But I love her! She adds a lovely balance to the tank. She's friendly to the smaller girls, but doesn't back away from the bigger ones. She generally gets along with everyone.

Ember:

She's gorgeous, isn't she? I wish I could see her more often, her chosen territory is near the back of the tank. She doesn't cause much trouble, but she doesn't like it when Clementine takes her food!

so far having a sorority has been a blast! Hoping that things continue to go well. So far they have been LOVELY. Only real fighting happened early on but immediately settled. Occasional flaring is all we see.

All these names except teacup were totally made up on the spot. We'll see if they stick.
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Beautiful Sorority!! I can't believe I'm going to have one in November or so. I love Teacup!! She's so adorable with her beady eyes. c: If you don't mind me asking, where did you find these girls?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #3 
purplemuffin

One girl(Clementine) was from petsmart..Had to take her home. The rest are all from Chard! :) His shipping was AMAZING, by the way, they were wonderfully packaged and obviously very healthy and lovely!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #4 
CandiceMM

Love them and your tank!!!!
CandiceMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #5 
LebronTheBetta

Hm... Where is this "Chard"? Haha But seriously, do you know where he sells his Bettas? I want my females to be rescues or sympathy purchases, but your girls are all gorgeous! How much we're they in all?
Old 09-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #6 
purplemuffin

He sells them here or on aquabid! Chard56 is his username.

For all of them+priority shipping was 25 dollars total.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #7 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I love the info, the fish, and the plants. My favorite is clementine. You seem to be a good owner.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #8 
LebronTheBetta

Aquabid here I come! :D That's pretty cheap for all of them, you're so lucky! Good luck with them in the future. :)
Old 09-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #9 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I keep a betta community tank not sorioty though. Maybe someday I will have the permission for another tank. I love my fish.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #10 
magnum

Teacup is so cute! >.< I found a little girl like her at my LFS and I'm trying to go get her next week. I also think all the names suit them perfectly.
magnum is offline   Reply With Quote