Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

Yes but that is not the point the OP is making.. They would like to try the tub method mentioned within one of the videos.

I did not have a question, I was pointing out a secondary method that is also used but may seem controversial to some.
Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #22 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I saw his method did not really see a difference between the tank method.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #23 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Thaitybetta- has his own way of doing things. But you can't compare note with him. Question his opinion/method, he goes into loony mode. Nevertheless his method has been used by others.

Plastic (tubs/buckets) is not a good heat conductor thus heat should be fairly stable compared to glass tanks. True! But you can't really see fry growth - which is more important to you, stable temp or watching fry develop. IME results are fairly the same either way.

Bare setups usually makes spawning faster. But sometimes your female will be badly beaten. Smaller setups work the same way - faster and beat up female. I've used 1g regular glass tanks and 1g shallow plastic containers. They produce less fry and need frequent water change - sometimes 2-3 times daily (depending on number of fry). But they all work.

One point I don't agree with Thaity is taking the male out and letting the eggs develop on their own. For this to succeed you need a bacteria free container and tank/tub. Aged water usually produces less fry with this method. I couldn't get a straight answer on this topic to compare notes. Another point I don't agree is feeding fry non live food. IMO keeping fry from bacteria/parasites will make fry (or, later, betta) prone to diseases. They need to develop immune systems since young. .... just my opinion.

Good luck Creat.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #24 
Creat

Update: I released the female for 15 min but no spawning so I re-caught the female just as stated should be done. Psycho built a nest but not under the styrofoam cup >.> its just floating happily on its own in the middle of the water. Its what he did the last time he had eggs hopefully he will go along with my plan and move it under the cup. I will try to get set up pics soon.

I have to agree with feeding the fry only 'dead' foods no live is a little strange to me. When I am forced to feed fry non live food a few weeks after they are born I feel like more then half end up dying....
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #25 
Sena Hansler

I agree on the non-live foods as the only food being... well not as great. I have tried different methods but I found live foods still being number one :)
Old 10-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #26 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

When I have breeding supplies I am trying the 10 gallon method with live plants and keeping the male in their a bit all the best breeders do that I just prefer not to listen to a naraccist (sorry no spell check) you have your ways but his fish seemed pretty dull and stressed plus fighter bettas.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #27 
Creat

I have had good luck keeping the male in most males I think know who their fry are lol :)
Update: so far no more luck with him I might start and try again with another male Psycho does not seem to get this new idea.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #28 
Sena Hansler

Have you tried "showing" him a male? It gets some of my finicky boys revved up and more willing to breed.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #29 
crowntaillove

I think theres something to be learned from everyone. While his methods may not be favored by everyone, it doesn't make them anymore right or wrong than your own. I've been really interested in his methods since I first watched his videos. I'm no where near ready to try them though.

Please keep us updated on how things go, I'm really curious!
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:56 AM   #30 
Legendary

shouldn't this be in another section? where is the log?
Legendary is offline   Reply With Quote