Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2012, 07:39 PM   #1 
LadyVictorian

Betta's Favorite Treat

What is your betta's favorite treat?

Aquarius: Blood worms, he will jump clear out of the water when he see's the bloodworm pack and watches me thaw them in his treat cup. He can't even contain himself and they never get a chance to hit the water before they vanish.
Phoenix: Brine shrimp. She LOVES to let them fall off the surface of the water then dive for them and gobble them up but nothing beats live brine shrimp for her which lately she has been so spoiled in goggling down. She really loves the thrill of the hunt and i think she's just an over all shrimp fan.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #2 
registereduser

they all love frozen brine shrimp. I think they will get some tonight!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #3 
LadyVictorian

xD I'm sure they will be so excited to get that. I know Nix just spazes when I get the brine shrimp tank out and the tiny net. She knows what's coming next.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #4 
Kuronue

Location: Chautauqua County, NY - My mind is in my fish tank usually
Ranmaru isn't sure what his favorite treat is yet. He goes nuts over brine shrimp and blood worms. Either one and he gets all excited. Its adorable!
Kuronue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #5 
sainthogan

fruit flies, she goes nuts for them. Unfortunately due to their swiftness and small size, she doesn't get very many of them. But when she does, watch out! :D
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #6 
LadyVictorian

xD that is very cute Sainthogan. Does she catch them herself? If so wow that would be impressive to watch. I think Aquarius would give up after a while and go back to staring at me until I feed him xD. He knows it always wins, he just makes himself look sooooo sad until I come over and play with him or feed him.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #7 
laynisample

My boys love daphnia. I have so much of it that they get some as a treat once a week. Eko completely ignores blood worms. If he does go near one he'll flare, swim around it, take a nibble, and immediately spit it back out. It's pretty hilarious.
laynisample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #8 
fleetfish

It's frozen mosquito larvae, fins down. I bought a new pack a few days ago and they all went ravenous for them. Blood worms, yes! brine shrimp are hit or miss. And if I can find daphnias I will try them - or they will. I have a bunch of insect connisseurs here :)
fleetfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #9 
katydidmischief

Frozen bloodworms--I feed my frogs them and every so often the boys and Harville will get a treat. They LOVE them.
katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #10 
sainthogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
xD that is very cute Sainthogan. Does she catch them herself? If so wow that would be impressive to watch. I think Aquarius would give up after a while and go back to staring at me until I feed him xD. He knows it always wins, he just makes himself look sooooo sad until I come over and play with him or feed him.

I just put them in her tank and let her do the rest. I believe that since we had an infestation of them in our house she was chasing one of them when she leaped from her tank 2 1/2 weeks ago. I've taped up all her holes and now give them to her myself. Usually, they just sit on the water's surface and she'll swim up and grab them. Sometimes, though they escape the surface and she jumps for them.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote