Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2012, 02:32 AM   #1 
karpediem

2 gallon Desktop aquarium tanks

I just bought few desktop aquarium tanks from my local fish store, he sold 4 to me for a good price. I think they are really cool, the filter is very quiet and i put 2 giants hmplakat and 2 half moon for each tank, they just love it. I'm thinking get some more. I'm thinking getting close to 50 of them before christmas, i will put my show betta inside.
Does anyone use those tanks ?? If you dont then think about to get one for your best pretty betta. My sister bought one also and put a gorgeous purple butterfly dragon hm inside and set on her desk at work, her coworkers just love it. She said few of them are going to get the same items and add a betta inside as well.
karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:04 AM   #2 
moonsand0wls

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpediem View Post
I just bought few desktop aquarium tanks from my local fish store, he sold 4 to me for a good price. I think they are really cool, the filter is very quiet and i put 2 giants hmplakat and 2 half moon for each tank, they just love it. I'm thinking get some more. I'm thinking getting close to 50 of them before Christmas, i will put my show betta inside.
Does anyone use those tanks ?? If you dont then think about to get one for your best pretty Betta. My sister bought one also and put a gorgeous purple butterfly dragon him inside and set on her desk at work, her coworkers just love it. She said few of them are going to get the same items and add a betta inside as well.
Did you put two of them together in each one? Get them separated ASAP they're just going to fight and eventually kill each other.. And those size tanks are really small even just for one. I don't mean to be mean but they really are way too small, you need to invest in at least a 50L tank for each, which is around 10.5/4 gallons? Or something. Those would be suitable for one male Betta. If you were keeping females in a sorority (around 6-7..) you'd need an even bigger tank.
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:05 AM   #3 
karpediem

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
Did you put two of them together in each one? Get them separated ASAP they're just going to fight and eventually kill each other.. And those size tanks are really small even just for one. I don't mean to be mean but they really are way too small, you need to invest in at least a 50L tank for each, which is around 10.5/4 gallons? Or something. Those would be suitable for one male Betta. If you were keeping females in a sorority (around 6-7..) you'd need an even bigger tank.

I'm sorry, each male in each tank, not 2 in one tank. Those tank are enough for a betta, even giant one. Everybody has their own mind when it come to size for betta. 2g is good. Betta are peacefull fish, they dont move much and they like quiet place. I have a lot of betta, more than you can imagine. I always thnk that whoever put a betta regular size in 2g or more are crazy. If you have only few, i think you can do it but if you have like me, more than 500 betta, i think i stay the way it is. :)
Old 10-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #4 
Hallyx
Reference Team

Owls,

Karpediem is a very experienced breeder for the commercial trade, also a successful show breeder, as you can see by his avatar.

K,
How you doing, old friend? Good to see you back on the boards. Are you into giants now?
Love to see some pics. I'll get back to you in PM.
Hallyx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #5 
registereduser

What is the name brand of your tanks?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #6 
Luimeril

i thought giants needed at least 5 gallons?
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #7 
xShainax

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsand0wls View Post
I have two one gallon tanks for two of my betta's. Not everyone can have room for 5 gallons for each betta.
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #8 
teeneythebetta

Bettas are okay in a tank as small as 1 gallon given the owner does the proper water changes and keeps the tank at a good temperature.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #9 
karpediem

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
What is the name brand of your tanks?

I think it's Fluval. If you go to petco or petsmart, they have those tanks available for $49. I got mine each for $30 from my local fish store.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #10 
karpediem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
i thought giants needed at least 5 gallons?
Giant are fine in 2g size tank. Up to you really, depend on your space and your budget. If you have only one giant fish, then go ahead get a 5g or more. I have 100 of them, if i have 100 of 5g, i will have tanks all over my house, my wife will kill me :P.