NVGail228

Stressed out betta? and Help in starting my emergency kit

I've started an emergency kit and so far have the following:
Kordon Rid Ich +
API General Cure
API Triple Sulfa
Epson Salt
Aquarium Salt

Should I also include Eurythromycin, Maracyn 1 & 2, Tetracycline? Or am I pretty well covered here?

Would also like to have Potassium Permanganate on hand and have found on the web a powdered form--one that says it's "98% PP", another that says 99.5%, one that says 100%, and a bunch that term themselves "Russian Antiseptic" whatever that means. So what do I want and what kind of dosing per gallon (so I know how much since it's not cheap)?

Want to do right by my guys and I need to have stuff on hand since everything must come mail order (I live in the middle of nowhere).

On a less happy note Floyd has not been very active he moved to his new tank. He spends alot of time lying on his plant or other favorite near the surface "beds." He has a very good appetite, however, and shows no signs of disease.

Food: BioGold alternated with NLS Small fish (2-3 pellets 2X/day) with only one meal on Sundays (a pellet and a single freezed dried blood worm)
Tank size: 2.5 gallon
Filtered and cycled
Temp: 78-80 degrees
R/O water with SeaChem prime and Kent R/O Right
Water tests are all ok

I'm getting a little nervous because he's always been very active. I'm thinking maybe he's just stressed out from the change? Should I just give him a couple more days. (He just got moved on Saturday and then Sunday was rough on us both until I got his filter to his liking). Previously he was in a sectioned off space in with one of the other boys but separated, of course. I had to do this since his tank sprang a leak and both my spare heaters died both at the same time and I had to rush order replacements.
Any comments? With the way he's acting (please let it be stress!) it's a good reminder to have my emergency kit ready to go.
NVGail228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #2 
Canuck Fins

He may be adjusting to the change, but I'd expect that to resolve in a couple of days. I've often heard that a 2.5 gallon and smaller tank aren't as stable for holding a cycle; maybe test the water and do another water change to see if that perks him up. Have you tested the water?
Canuck Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:55 PM   #3 
NVGail228

Hi...his water tests fine and he has destressed enough to be swimming up a storm. Thanks.
NVGail228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #4 
Canuck Fins

Awesome! :)
Canuck Fins is offline   Reply With Quote