Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #1 
MaggieLynn

New BABY!!

After the passing my my old beloved Fred I decided to buy another baby from petco. I was alil gun shy due to my last baby Jillian passing a week after purchase, wasnt eating the micro pellets, bought a live plant with little organisms from my lfs and it some what worked. Anywho I have a new baby who mom named Sammy. I literally stood in front of the babies for 5 min watching all of them and Sammy was the most active and one of the biggest. So far Sammy is super active and as of right now as a nice round tummy :) Im thinking he/she is about 6 weeks but not sure can anyone help me with age? So far im loving this little dude and he/she has stolen my heart :) I know the one picture shows super bright red gills so im thinking ammonia poisoning which I plan to do daily water changes if not twice a day changes, just got him/her yesterday. Tank is one of those small lees keepers they sell by the babies at petco, this is temporary while he/she grows. The tank has been comfortable at 80 even at night and he/she eats micro pellets and hikiri first bites. I'm hoping that everything is good for this little guy. Any further suggestions for the ammonia burns?
Attached Images

MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #2 
katydidmischief

Aww, so cute!
katydidmischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #3 
sandrac8388

I have one just like him except mine is a girl. She also has ammonia poisoning! :( What do you feed babies?

sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:44 AM   #4 
buddhauser

I crush up a couple of pellets and a bloodworm really fine because there mouths are tiny. Put it in a ziplock bag and save for another time. I make enough to have for a while its just easier for me. Using a zip tie as a feeding wand, I wet the tip and lightly dip into the crushed food. Feed twice a day, one dip at a time.
buddhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #5 
Viva

Awww, so cute! I wonder what it will look like in a few months :D
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #6 
MaggieLynn

Ill post a picture when sammy starts to change. I just feed hikari micro tropical pellets in the purple package right now before when I only had first bites a powdery food. The micro pellets are just fine with my little piggy. So far what i can see is going to be blue with some red I think thats what I see now.
MaggieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote