Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #1 
Imagine

Exclamation Torn dorsal fin

I just noticed that my baby betta's (Royal) dorsal fin is torn right in half. I'm positive that it wasn't torn last night, so he must have torn it this morning or afternoon. He doesn't seem to be hurt in anyone way, and is acting and swimming normally. There was a fake floating plant in his little home, but it was soft and didnt tear a pair of tights when I brushed the tights over the plant. Should I take him out and treat him, or let it just heal naturally?
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #2 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
I just noticed that my baby betta's (Royal) dorsal fin is torn right in half. I'm positive that it wasn't torn last night, so he must have torn it this morning or afternoon. He doesn't seem to be hurt in anyone way, and is acting and swimming normally. There was a fake floating plant in his little home, but it was soft and didnt tear a pair of tights when I brushed the tights over the plant. Should I take him out and treat him, or let it just heal naturally?
keep the water clean, and it will heal in time :) no treatments needed. Also make sure it wasn't the filter, and if you don't have a filter, i'm pretty sure it was an ornament. Some fins are very delicate you know
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #3 
Imagine

Alright, thanks
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote