Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #1 
Setsuna

sending bettas to the USA from LAOS, THAILAND, MALAYSIA

Hey guys i have a question im not sure if you guys can answer my question but imma give it a try. okay so i have a relative that lives in southeast asia where bettas are native and he said that if i wanted wild bettas he can go catch them for me but before we start that i was wondering if he sends me bettas is there a fee that we have to pay to get the bettas here besides shipping fee?
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:52 AM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

As far as I know:
1. He can directly send it to a transhipper. Fee would include shipping from SEA to US (paid to postal service), handling and shipping fee paid to the transshipper. From my country this would be far more expensive.
2. He could seek help from a known fish/betta shipper. Fee includes handling and shipping (paid to that person) from SEA to US plus fee for handling and shipping from transshipper to you. I think this is cheaper because the Asian shipper is shipping in large numbers. So you'd only pay a percentage of the total shipping cost.

Something you should know is which US transhipper receives from which Asian breeder/shipper. Contact the desired Transshipper and ask who they get fish from. Contact that Asian breeder/shipper and work out the necessary requirements.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #3 
Setsuna

Okay thank you if all goes well and he sends me wild bettas i'll sell it here for cheap and watever money i make i'll send it back to him
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote