Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #1 
TessaBear

will it hold up?

Hi guys! im getting baby blue his new 10 gallon tank tonight, he just is so puny in the little one so i neeed to get the new one. im gonna be putting it on my dresser,wich seems prettty sturdy, and i sat on it and it seemed ok,im 141lbs and i was wondering if you think the dresser will hold up to the tank? thats the only spot i hve to put it unless i use this end table we have, wich i could do, cause we had a 10 gallon on that and it was fine.. id just need to move some stuff arround in my room. wich do you guys think i sould use? i need your guys help asap! thanks!!

the reason im not sure about the dresser is that it does creak when i sit on it, and when i open the drawrs it trys to tip sometimes, so im thinking mabie its not the best thing to put it on, but d like oppinions. if i need to use the other table, i gotta get to moveing my dreser to the hall lol! thanks for all of your help!!!
TessaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The tank will way about 85-90 Pounds you should shake the drawer a bit to see how much it bends like I keep my 20 gallon on a regular table.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #3 
Kuronue

Location: Chautauqua County, NY - My mind is in my fish tank usually
I'd stick to the tried and true end table, but if you really want to use the dresser, I'd recommend testing with books. You can quickly build up the weight and then do shaking tests and what not without risking yourself or the fish.
Kuronue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #4 
TessaBear

The end table held a ten gallon before, one of the drwrs is a bit broke now, but it still holds me, and before it cdould also hold me and my mom at once, it is a bit small, the tank will be over about a half inch to an inch on each side length wise, but it seemed ok before, do you think that will be ok? im thinking ill use that because i dont trust the dresser not to try and tip over. i think the end table is full wood,except for the back pannel, but the back pannel is better then the back pannel on the dresser, what do you all think?

i just wanna make sure his tank is in a safe place, and im thinking the table we used before with our other tank is better then the dresser~

Last edited by TessaBear; 10-19-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #5 
TessaBear

so the table is a bit shaky on carpet, we had it on wood last time e.e the dresser seems more stable,im just nervous. ive moved things 3 times cause i cant choose lol
Old 10-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #6 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I vote no and my 10 gallon is on a wall the window is one of those indented so there is a shelf of wall so it fits.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #7 
TessaBear

right now ive moved back to useing the dresser, my mom thinks it will be ok, hopefully it can hold up till december, and then ill try and get a stand for it that will hold it right~but that may need to wait till jan cause in dec i have to get a new phone XD mines gone horrid. but im gettint the tank today so baby blue will have more room soon~
Old 10-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #8 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Good.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #9 
Nothingness

Secure the dresser to the wall with screws. just be sure to find the studs
Nothingness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #10 
Tikibirds