Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #1 
headerthebettalover

Exclamation HELP i dont know what to do

so i got a new betta last sunday. his name is Leo. he is very small and cute. i have posted pics of him already. anyway, today i went to feed him and he eat and everything seemed fine. then i came home later to check on him and i noticed a ton of bubbles in the tank. my question is: is this a buuble nest the males make when you want to breed them??? i have no intentions on breeding him, i just wanted a nice betta as a pet. please let me know what you think about the picture and what i should do. Should i be worrried??? what do i do with the bubbles???
Attached Images

headerthebettalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #2 
Friendlyfishies

Are you new to bettas? Are you planning to get him a bigger heated home?

If you need help with that feel free to ask, we can point you in some different directions as far as care and equipment.
Bettas need lots of water changes, heat and more space than the container he is in currently. He will live but his life span will be limited and diseases may emerge.

Its a bubble nest and I wouldnt worry, they are a good sign of a happy healthy betta :)

Last edited by Friendlyfishies; 10-19-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #3 
headerthebettalover

no i am not new to betta's. thats a very small tank to transition them from the small cup to my five gallon tank. i moved him today into my bigger tank that is heated so you dont have to worry ;) thanks for your help

one more question: do you know why betta's do that??? i have never had that happen before. and ive had bettas for a very long time.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #4 
Friendlyfishies

Good to hear :) hes very cute. I thought id ask just incase. I think they can mean different things...readiness to breed and confidence and contentment in their surrounding as well as a feeling of good health.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #5 
headerthebettalover

well thats good to her. thanks for your help
Old 10-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #6 
sainthogan

Bubbles are what the males make for nests. The males are the ones that care for the young. They tend to make bubble nests when they are happy, healthy and ready to breed, but that certainly doesn't mean you need to breed them. They will just continue to make them, and you don't need to worry about it, unless he stops, then you might need to check on his health.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #7 
teeneythebetta

BUBBLE NESTS DO NOT = HAPPY.

Bubble nests are instinctual, bettas make them when they are ready to breed. That does not mean that they should be bred. Your betta will be perfectly fine without breeding. :)

Bettas are seen making them even when they are sick, and some people have found them in the dirty cups at the pet store with a bubble nest. Its all instincts, not emotions.

Some bettas never make bubble nests, even in large, warm, clean envioronments.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote