Originally Posted by miikexo
What about this combination?
6 glofish I know these are schooling fish so is 6 to much or just enough or could I go with 4?
4 Tiger barbs I seen on Stocking 5, 10 and 20 Gallon FW Aquariums that They are distinctly sociable though, so keep at least six. In smaller groups they tend to become bored and consequently nippy, attacking anything that canít easily swim away.
1 small pleco (I have a miniture pleco in my Goldfish tank he is living fine and wont grow very big)
Any ideas on that combination additions or subtractions? thoughts?
- I agree with homegrown terror, these fish do feel more comfortable with more around. Plus more around means more color.
- Again, homegrown terror hits the nail on the head. These fish have a reputation for being nippy in groups less than 10. You just don't have room for a proper shoal in your tank.
- Known fin nipper. This will be a big problem with the guppies. They also need a 30 gal or larger tank. (info here
) If you like barbs, look at the cherry barb; much more peaceful than the tigers.
- should be fine as long as he is a brushy nose or bristlenose pleco.
- again, like the guppies, they like to be in trios. Either all male or one male and two females. But I don't recommend that last grouping because you will
You're headed in the right direction tho!