Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Beardie or bird?
Bearded dragon 7 63.64%
Parakeet 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #11 
LeoTheLakerBetta

I agree with MyRainbowBettaFish. We got 2 budgies at Petsmart and they are VERY social lol. If ou don't have too much time for birds get 2 so they won't get bored; also get toys. I have a surplus of toys so that if they get bored of one I switch them out so they think they get a new toy LOL. You won't need to spend as much time with them as you would with only one. I recommend parakeets because they are so fun to watch. They won't seem that lively for the first week or so, but they do perk up if you don't scare em by putting your hand in for a couple of days or so. If you play budgie songs on youtube they chirp to it like an SOS lol.

Our budgies take baths everyday on their own. For the first week, you can get a spray bottle at the dollar store and spray them xD. They don't like it but its for their own good. It took a while for all 4 of our budgies to take baths by themselves but to encourage it get big water cups at petsmart so they don't fight over it to take a bath because they most likely will lol. They don't fight that much though so don't worry about that.

If you have any questions you can PM or I can post pictures on here of their toys and cage and stuff.

Oh yea and if you can't get 2 get one and spend at least 15 minutes with him/her everyday. I have a friend who has one and she (the parakeet) loves to sing in the morning to the birds outside), and loves to ba taken out, but only for about 15 minutes. Anymore, and she gets cranky lol. Our birds never get cranky outside their cage though lol.

Last edited by LeoTheLakerBetta; 10-21-2012 at 10:39 AM.
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bearded dragon, bird, poll