Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #11 
Laki

Thanks :) I'll bury it in the sand. It's a small aqueon heater, like the size of a chapstick.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #12 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Remember Assasin snails eat flakes too.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #13 
Laki

I don't have flakes. I have these high protein but garbage crumble things. I prefer to just feed them bloodworms. Also, how often should they eat? I usually gutload them once a week with like a half block of worms (minus the few my fish eat)
Old 10-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #14 
asukabetta

there are these heating pads that don't need to be in the water but under the recipient is space saving, small and i think ideal for your setup.
Here are some details:

• Increases water temperature 5-10 degrees Fahrenheit over ambient room temperature (2.7-5.4 degrees Celcius)
  • Right-angle cord attachment allows for easy heater placement in the bottom of the tank without straining the power cord
  • Can be used for glass or acrylic plastic bowls and tanks between 1-3 gallons
Measures 3 1/8 inches across. Non-adjustable 7.5 watts

Old 10-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #15 
Laki

Thanks! I had a bettatherm before but it burnt out. I don't think they're worth what they charge for those.
Also, update, in about an hour the 10w heated the water to 85F so I unplugged it. I'll see about setting up the 2.5 for them but it sees an awful waste of space (well, nothing to really look at in there besides the snails. Nothing to take the middle-top of the water.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #16 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I use them and no snails.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #17 
asukabetta

Bloodworms is more like a treat more than daily food. Its like giving them candy everyday a varied diet flakes or pellets and ocasional worms, you could try ordering pellet food through the internet. I hear bettas prefer pellets than flakes my bettas kinda go PUAh when i tried flakes on them. So picky lol

Last edited by asukabetta; 10-23-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #18 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by asukabetta View Post
Bloodworms is more like a treat more than daily food. Its like giving them candy everyday a varied diet flakes or pellets and ocasional worms, you could try ordering pellet food through the internet. I hear bettas prefer pellets than flakes my bettas kinda go PUAh when i tried flakes on them. So picky lol

psst I think she's talking about the assassin snails.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #19 
Laki

lol YES the assassin snails! My bettas get bloodworms once a week when I do their water change. The assassins gut load on that day bc I only feed them once a week too.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:08 AM   #20 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
lol YES the assassin snails! My bettas get bloodworms once a week when I do their water change. The assassins gut load on that day bc I only feed them once a week too.
You only feed your bettas JUST once a week? Or you feed them pellets throughout the week also?

I'm asking because today when I got home I found cirocs pellet jar on my bed,chewed, with missing pellets ( I later found while sweeping. Lol) thanks to both my dawgs-.-

And I feed him bloodqorms once a week when I do a water change too, which was last night.
Think he will be okay till Saturday or Sunday?
Closed Thread