Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #21 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yeah for some reason people think a 2.5 takes up like ten feet from there response.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #22 
Thebettaqueen

I remember when my friend had about 3 different bettas because she thought they were 'pretty and replacable after they die." Ugh. Her 'bowl' was so narrow, poor things didn't stand a chance against that lazy individual...>.>
Thebettaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:24 AM   #23 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am so lazy I gave Carter a ten gallon less cleaning as Carters owner he is not replaceable I will always remember him after the day he dies he used to be in a bowl no one ever told me bowls were bad I gave him a heater figuring it was good then when I had the room after getting my appendiz out my parents let me set up Carters 10 gallon had spare room I never heard the myths.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #24 
Thebettaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I am so lazy I gave Carter a ten gallon less cleaning as Carters owner he is not replaceable I will always remember him after the day he dies he used to be in a bowl no one ever told me bowls were bad I gave him a heater figuring it was good then when I had the room after getting my appendiz out my parents let me set up Carters 10 gallon had spare room I never heard the myths.
I had no idea bowls were bad either until I did research; that's when my betta obsession started XD It started out with one, then two, then 6, now 13...I'll never stop! XD
Thebettaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I only have two but they are not complaining I spend almost all my money on Carter.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #26 
Sena Hansler

I do not mind bowls too much, preferably a gallon and up though. Many peoe are fed bad information, by stores and media and think buying those deadly chemicals (that "remove" waste) is the best way of cleaning. I don't ever use chemicals like that :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #27 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My Betta rule is any tank with a Betta on front is bad.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 10-29-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: for editing Grammar Problem.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #28 
Neight

My betta is housed in a one gallon tank, with a hidey-hut and a plant. I do a fifty percent water change everyday, and a one hundred percent every week. I think if the size is about a gallon, though not under, and the owner isn't lazy, the fish will thrive. People seem to think that the big set ups with fancy-schmancy everything are what people are suggesting when they say the betta needs more room, but in reality, that 'more room' can be as little as a large fish bowl, so long as they're willing to put the work into it. If they're not, yeah the betta needs a bigger tank with more money put into it, and if they're not willing to do that, either, then they shouldn't be allowed to have fish... I agree with what everyone is saying, except for the fact that they must be kept in tanks. Better, yes. Necessary, not really.
Neight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #29 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

In my opinion a 1 gallon does not leave a lot of excerise but just my opinion.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #30 
Neight

I know. At the moment it's a bare minimum, but as I type this, I am waiting for a reply to a tank I am looking to buy- a 10 gallon.
Neight is offline   Reply With Quote