Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2013, 01:36 AM   #21 
callistra

Well for parasties I usually use a medicated feed. Some people have had success with baths, but any treatment takes a minimum of 2 weeks and even then it tends to come back.. 3-4 weeks of treatment is really needed with internal parasites and the baths are harsher and not generally as effective. One exception, at least to the effectiveness, is Jungle Parasite clear treated successfully with once a week dosing for 3-6 weeks. One of the ingredients in it is prazi pro but it has like 3 others - it is quite harsh but seems to have good results. General Cure is another one with prazi and metro. You can probably just treat with prazi, but prazi doesn't effect all forms of parasites so that's why generally you'll get a mix. For a bath I would have treated 3-4 weeks, but if I saw no results in 2 I would have discontinued. For feeds I treat a month. You need to treat at least a week past when everything is cleared up, which means an absolute minimum of 2 weeks.

I never use a net on any of my fish. I use a plastic solo cup and submerge it in the water right next to him. The suction from the water rushing into the cup just kind of pulls them gently in.

This is the gravel vac I use: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA0KR0598697 It's great and cheap
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote