Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I was trying to say to me there not cute but hat is probably because I can not see the cutest part eyes I really thought I was wording it nicely.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #12 
LadyVictorian

One of my room mates is getting a GP when we move, I wonder if they can get along with rats so they can play out in the living room together. How easy are they to litter train? If they can train fairly well I just might get one as well. I'm between bunny, gp, or MORE FISH!!!!! xD I just love the noises GP make so much, it's so cute.

And guineie pigs are hella cute, see

FYI Pearl those cages look amazing, are they hand made?

Last edited by LadyVictorian; 10-22-2012 at 05:41 PM.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #13 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I was right eyes that is adorible like look at the food he has and his little eyes sorry if I offended you.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #14 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post

OH by the way, what colour is Asher? Such a gorgeous colour! :o
Posted via Mobile Device
I believe Asher's coloration is a variation of the "Agouti" color (wild coloring)? She has a grey body, but has white areas and a small white snip on her nose. Around her eyes the white rings seem to get bigger as she gets older.

eta- actually realized the pics showed her white coloring well, dunno why I didn't realize that.

Last edited by ThePearlFish; 10-22-2012 at 05:46 PM.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:44 PM   #15 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You guys really love your guinue pigs and learn a lot about them.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #16 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
You guys really love your guinue pigs and learn a lot about them.
Of course :) I think any time you get a new pet you should learn as much about them as you can, to give them the best life :)
Old 10-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #17 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I did that with fish.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #18 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
Of course :) I think any time you get a new pet you should learn as much about them as you can, to give them the best life :)
+1

did that when I got both my rats and my mice. I love augoti. Not sure if gp colors are the same as rats and mice but if they are she almost looks blue augoti...if so.....<.<....don't look at me when she vanishes from her cage one night. Blue's and blue augoti are to droooooooool for. OMG.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #19 
xShainax

I want one of those angora guinea pigs
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #20 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
One of my room mates is getting a GP when we move, I wonder if they can get along with rats so they can play out in the living room together. How easy are they to litter train? If they can train fairly well I just might get one as well. I'm between bunny, gp, or MORE FISH!!!!! xD I just love the noises GP make so much, it's so cute.

And guineie pigs are hella cute, see

FYI Pearl those cages look amazing, are they hand made?
Whew! Okay, I hope I get all of your questions.

Gpigs are normally social creatures and do best in pairs so they have a buddy. In my case, Asher and Toadie lived in the same cage in the shelter, but for some reason when we returned home, Asher suddenly didn't want to get along with Toadie anymore. To protect her, we just separated the cage into sections and they can still talk to each other, yet have their own space. They both really enjoy this arrangement the best I think.

I would not let the Gpigs play with the rats because rats are predators and Gpigs are really passive. They do not "play" in the regular sense like other animals (wrestling, etc.)

When I kept up with maintaining each cage section I was able to train Toadie to the litter box 90% of the time and Asher 75-80%. But that was in the cage. Gpigs cannot be trained well in my experience out of the cage. They have small bladders and since they are constant foragers, always eating, they poop all the time.

One thing to remember about them is they are more higher maintenance than at first glance. And rabbits are very high maintenance. They do best with a lot of out of the time cage and do better with out-of-the-cage litter box training. It is best if you spay/neuter the rabbit to cut down on peeing, marking out of the box. My friend had an un spayed bunny and she would pee red on the carpet sometimes. :/

Regardless, Gpigs and Bunnies are great pets if you have the time to devote to them! Gpigs can be very personable and smart. My girls both know who my BF and I are, they try to run away from the vet straight to me when they are being checked out. And I vacuum the fleece in their cage to keep it neat sometimes and they are so used to the hose, they will just walk around close to it as if it is normal. When I give them baths they just stay still and I can manipulate their bodies and they let me without being bothered.

And yes! I did put together the cage :) With choroplast and organizing storage cubes. They are like grates almost (well, you can see them in the pic :P). It is about 6 ft. long so they each have ~ 2 1/2 ft across to run around in.

If there is anything else you want to know about them, send me a pm! :) I'm happy to talk about any number of animal creatures (I used to have rats too btw, I miss them!) :)