Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

I find blue to be the most common and most dominant. I find many baby enttas will pick up on the blues more. Taking that from red CT and blue/red VT still have blue.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #22 
AquaKai

My betta isn't all blue, but 'he' does have a lot of blue on him. The tail is mostly orange with streaks of blue following the lines in it, 'his' ventral tail is turning more orangish redish as the days go by. I really hope that 'he' turns out to be blue and orange (it's my FAVORITE color combination on bettas!). I cannot wait until 'he' shows 'his' colors more!

Update for today:
Fish size: 1 1/8" from head to end of tail, around 7/8" body size. He Grew!!!
Food fed: Frozen Blood Worms and a crunched up Hiakari Pellet. 'He's' a little piggie! He still begging for more even with all of that!
Temp: 82F
Activity: Today 'he' is investigating more of the front of the tank, away from the plants. 'He' is becoming much more aware of the world outside of his tank and as a result more bold in his swimming. He really likes 'looking' outside of the tank.

I do have some pictures today!

(With flash):

I had some more pictures but they won't load right now. Perhaps in a bit I'll post the other ones!
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #23 
sandrac8388

This is a stupid question, but oh well, I have a baby betta too. She suffered from ammonia poisoning. Her cup was at 8.0ppm. Anywho. She has been hospitalized for a week! and i'm buying her a new home this weekend. I have been feeding her crushed pellets and she loves them. What frozen foods do you recommend? special brands? also, how do you feed them and how much? Sorry for so many questions. I have never done frozen foods for the bettas.
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #24 
AquaKai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrac8388 View Post
This is a stupid question, but oh well, I have a baby betta too. She suffered from ammonia poisoning. Her cup was at 8.0ppm. Anywho. She has been hospitalized for a week! and i'm buying her a new home this weekend. I have been feeding her crushed pellets and she loves them. What frozen foods do you recommend? special brands? also, how do you feed them and how much? Sorry for so many questions. I have never done frozen foods for the bettas.
Oh wow! That's horrible! I'm so glad that you got her out of those conditions, 8.0ppm is just awful.

From what I've learned from my little betta is that 'he' likes frozen blood worms more than frozen brine shrimp. Personally I like the blood worms more for feeding as they have more nutritional value. At my big aquarium store near-ish my house they only have their kind of frozen food; however, I do believe that they do sell both frozen brine shrimp and blood worms at PetCo and PetSmart (or at least around me they do). I really haven't done much research behind the different brands, but I do not believe that they would much different from each other but I may just be naive thinking that. When you have your frozen food it'll either be in one big sheet or in little cubes. You're either going to 1) cut off a TINY part of the sheet, I mean it's going to be small! or 2) pop out a cube from the container, cut it down into fourths or so, put 3 of the 4 in a baggie and stick all that in the freezer. For thawing them out I put mine in a small cup filled with COLD water, hot water will start to cook the frozen food which is not good. Once the food is thawed (the worms or shrimp will be visible and not some clump) grab a few of either of them with tweezers or a q-tip or something like that and stick them in the tank. I feed about 2-3 medium sized worms (cut in half) or 6-7 medium brine shrimp per feeding. It may be a little too much but I only feed twice a day, and only frozen once a day. Hopefully that helps!

Ask any more questions, it'll help lots of people with any questions that they may have about baby bettas in the future!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #25 
sandrac8388

Ok thank you aqua! I will try that this weekend and see how it all works out!! :)
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #26 
AquaKai

No problem! Glad I could help
Old 10-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #27 
Alcemistnv

I love the pictures so far! :D
I almost felt myself getting a baby, and I think that with due time, I will try and get one. The one that caught my eye was ALL blue, had no stress stripes visible to me. But the color and the fins were gorgeous. I would've guessed easily a crowntail, but alas, I am not prepared for a baby xD
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #28 
Sena Hansler

babies ARE hard to care for! Sometimes easier then others, but some of us on here seem to get the bad luck with the toughest little fights for lives.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #29 
Alcemistnv

I know, it's always so sad when things don't end up well :/

I'm hoping all my boys last to the point where they can all upgrade once I move out. And this time I'm really hoping for it, although Pudge and Squirt haven't been looking so happy :/

I wish you luck!
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #30 
LadyVictorian

Babies can be a challenge but they are so rewarding when they survive. Phoenix my little girl was a wonder and a half. I am still so proud of her for making it to 3 months old. Well not three months yet but about 10 weeks.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baby, baby betta, betta, journey, new tank