Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2012, 11:28 PM   #11 
LadyVictorian

DO NOT GIVE THE BABIES TO PETSTORES OR THEY ARE DOOMED

Petstores let their fish die and don't care for them and often sell them to people who don't care about them either. Honestly the last place I would send your fish is a petstore. I would find people instead who know how to care for betta fish.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #12 
emeraldmaster

These people that i mentioned only adopt out pets to those who are able to care for them. My friend runs the place and i have the upmost confidance in him. i have also personally cared for his babies whilst he be away. the process is a bit annoying actually. i didn't like the amount of questions he asked me so that i could take home a few neon tetras! and yes, forgot who said it, i quite like the idea of having a crowntail female. it was sugested by a friend to place a blue female with red on the tail in with him so as to be his oppisite color, but i think this will produce ugly children. i would love to have red or gold babies but don't know how that is possible. i took a genetics class last year but i don't know how the genes in a fish work, class focused on people. i also thought of combtail babies, halfmoon mom? so you all think it should be a crowntail...
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #13 
Sena Hansler

Well a halfmoon crowntail produces shaggy fins. Line breeding (I think I was told f3?) is what gets you combtails.

If you want red search for a solid red female :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #14 
emeraldmaster

thank you, i was just reading your article on 1-2 gallon bowls in the betta pics forum. i like it! I will kepp all of your opinions on my mind everyone! thank you all for the help!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:50 AM   #15 
Sena Hansler

No problem :p And if you want, totally join the convo over there haha. It's for people to be open to it :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #16 
LadyVictorian

You still mentioned trying to sell to Walmart the #1 store of fish abuse. I just wouldn't trust any fish stores to be honest with you, only people who already own betta's or are setting up a tank 2.5 or larger and knowing about cycling tanks or that they have to be cleaned twice weekly.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #17 
emeraldmaster

the same cambodian femal is still at walmart. i forgot my wallet so i couldn't get her. she is even smalle than Red! and he is only 1.25 inches long, nose to tail tip. she was a measly inch. at the sight of me, the fish man there started to clean the tanks! ha! i thought that was hilarious! i moved the girl back to the front and helped out a little but had to go so... my cousin offered her famale to me, she no like her. this girl, Aqua, is a meanie! she is used to being queen of the tank and was left with a male in a 10 gallon. but before you verbaly kill my cousin, these fish were siblings and it actually worked out well! the male, Blue is 3.50 inches and the female is 1 inch. both are purple veiltails and are walmart rescues.