Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2012, 12:43 AM   #21 
Blacklight

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
leave the bouyancy alone... and fast him for a few days. Again a warmer temperature will probably solve your problem... but hey... gotta please the wife :D
She will NOT let me buy a new heater. She says that we've spent WAY too much on these fish. Two tanks. Two heaters, two filters, a bucket, a siphon, etc... and now medication, and a small breeder tank that I plan to use in case of acclimating new fish should one of these two die...
She's had ENOUGH in capital letters of spending money to this extreme on two two inch fish. She's of the mentality of "They're animals. If they get sick, put them down." I've always been of the opposite viewpoint. So we're having an all out war about trying to save this sick fish.
Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #22 
ao
TFK Moderator

I know! lol! I didn't mean it in a bad way actually :P Im all for having peace in the family. and if the fish has to go to maintain that peace. so be it. lol
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:49 AM   #23 
Blacklight

Quote:
I know! lol! I didn't mean it in a bad way actually :P
Haha. I just hope my little guy pulls through this. It's odd that I've had aquariums before and never had to deal with ick. Nor did I ever have a fish with buoyancy issues. I love animals and I feel so bad for this poor guy. I almost tear up when I look at him now.
Fish are supposed to be relaxing. I've never been through something like this before and I'm certainly not relaxed any more.

The poor guy has wedged himself under a decoration to stay down at the bottom.

Last edited by Blacklight; 10-23-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #24 
ao
TFK Moderator

Relax :) I'm sure that if ur laid back about it and seem pro your wife will catch the mood too :)

I was still playing with my fish when I medicated one of them for ich * searches for video*
Just do what you have to do :) And yes, I medicated him in that 1/4 gallon tub which I religiously washed out twice a day XD and he recovered in no time. it's surprising how many bettas from the LFS comes with ich.

oh well, better than velvet

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...u/ff3bc4ae.mp4
Old 10-23-2012, 01:06 AM   #25 
Blacklight

Quote:
Relax :) I'm sure that if ur laid back about it and seem pro your wife will catch the mood too :)

I was still playing with my fish when I medicated one of them for ich * searches for video*
Just do what you have to do :) And yes, I medicated him in that 1/4 gallon tub which I religiously washed out twice a day XD and he recovered in no time. it's surprising how many bettas from the LFS comes with ich.

oh well, better than velvet

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...u/ff3bc4ae.mp4
DAWWWWWW !!! Lookit that cute little guy!!!!! Oh my god, he's adorable!!!

I'm not so upset about the ick. The floaty problem is scaring me a lot though.

Last edited by Blacklight; 10-23-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #26 
ao
TFK Moderator

Yes! he was the most adorable betta ever XD my first one in fact...

well, you can definitely try flaring him to see if that will help him pass poop.
Meanwhile try PMing OldFishLady. I'd say she's the most knowledgeable about epsom salt and will be able to tell you whether or not you can medicate at the same time :)
Old 10-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #27 
Blacklight

Quote:
Yes! he was the most adorable betta ever XD my first one in fact...

well, you can definitely try flaring him to see if that will help him pass poop.
Meanwhile try PMing OldFishLady. I'd say she's the most knowledgeable about epsom salt and will be able to tell you whether or not you can medicate at the same time :)
I've tried that. He'll get a little excited, but he doesn't flare at all. I've just noticed that he has some white bumps (looking a little larger than ick or maybe it's a patch of ick or some kind of injury or tumor) on one of his gills. He won't flare at all. He used to flare at me just by my being in the room.

I have this really sinking feeling that I'm going to lose him. His ick infestation doesn't look that bad, but now that I see that patch on his gill and combining that with the float issue... I really have a fear that he's going to be a goner. 8(

I wish this place had a chat room so I could ask my million questions and get my questions answered faster. Every time I think of a question and get an answer, 10 more questions pop up in my head.

Last edited by Blacklight; 10-23-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:40 AM   #28 
ao
TFK Moderator

there's a facebook page.... lemme see if I can get the link. but usually I'm the only nocturnal one...
Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #29 
ao
TFK Moderator

here

http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups...user=727045942
Old 10-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #30 
Blacklight

I think I found it. http://www.facebook.com/groups/427857977247585/