Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #21 
Xeek

Alright it's all done. I also started it with one female veil tail betta. She was the most perfect one I could find, and still young and small. The tank has a lot of horizontal space for her to swim in so I still think dividing it for one more betta could work fine. I'll need a smaller heater though, because I'm using a 50 watt just temporarily that I had laying around and it's way too long. The next betta I want to be a male plakat. Here's some pictures! The Java Fern may have to go in another tank I have. I suspect it'l get too tall. The stem plants make it look like a sparse forest, it'l fill in more eventually.
Attached Images

Xeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #22 
sareena79

looks great, I think it would be awesome divided too
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #23 
Thebettaqueen

Even though the 6 gallon shelf tank is great, you should get another filter; I heard the one that comes with it is extremely loud >.<
Thebettaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #24 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

It would be cooler to just have one but your tank I have heard sponge filters are great.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #25 
Xeek

I was considering a heater in a center tiny compartment between 2 dividers and a small sponge filter on either side.
Xeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #26 
sareena79

u can do your heater AND filter in a middle compartment and if u angle your dividers to make a little triangle shaped area in the back they can be hidden in there. thats the way I plan to do it atleast

Last edited by sareena79; 10-29-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: *edit* of course u would have to have a smaller heater and filter to do this but I have seen it done and it looks great!
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #27 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Nice tank love the fish you could use one of those things that turn one aerator tube into two and have two sponge filters.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #28 
Jupiter

Looks good! Your female is adorable too.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #29 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

She is pretty small and adorible.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #30 
Myates

Oh I am so possibly going to get stomped on for this... (keep in mind, fish keeper 20 years, breeder of different species throughout the years, etc.. so this isn't my first rodeo :) )

I actually use these to house some of my pet bettas/breeders in and I have no issues with this tank.

I divide the tanks into three sections. Yes! 3 bettas in the tank! Oh my!

There is actually more room in there than you think, it's like a perfect square for each one that gives them the room to swim around in and be happy. I'll try to get a picture of one set up soon.. but it gives them roughly 2 gallons each, which is a fair amount for a betta. You can have a happy, healthy betta in 2 gallons, they do not need 5 gallons. These are not wild bettas who keep 3 feet of territory.

So I say, if you want to divide it in half, or in thirds, go right ahead as there is still plenty of room for them. It's about water quality, not quantity.

As for the filter that comes with it.. if it's loud then turn it down.. I put it close to the lowest setting (so there wouldn't be any current) and I hear nothing. I'm sure it's loud if you have the filter turned way up though..
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote