Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2014, 05:53 AM   #1 
MissBetta1

Talking Meet Muse

Hi, I'm new to the forums and to bettas (and I already love them.). I've had a fantail goldfish for a year now so I have a tiny bit of experience with fish.

I'm so glad I found this forums it's amazing and I'm excited to get to know other betta lovers!

I got my girl a few days ago. I don't anything about here as all it said was 'female betta' so any information about her is appreciated. She was the smallest one in there and was being bullied. So I chose here over a gorgeous orange one. I'm glad I did. I think she's beautiful.

She lives on my desk in a 4.5 gallon cycled tank with a filter, heater, live plants and two assassin snail roommates.

At the minute, I'm working on getting her to eat. She's eaten some flakes as she's refusing to eat pellets, but now I'm trying to get her to eat pellets by refusing to give her anything else.. I've also got some blood worms as the occasional treat.

So, without further ado, meet Muse.

MissBetta1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #2 
LisaE

She is so pretty!!! I am new to the forum as well and there are so many helpful threads and experienced Betta owners here. I am interested in getting a female someday too. This girl is beautiful
LisaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:10 AM   #3 
Fin Fancier

What a little sweetie! She's such a cute little veil tail. I love female bettas, and. I love her name. :)
Fin Fancier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:14 AM   #4 
kjg1029

welcome!:) your bettas is a cutie!c:
kjg1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #5 
MissBetta1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaE View Post
She is so pretty!!! I am new to the forum as well and there are so many helpful threads and experienced Betta owners here. I am interested in getting a female someday too. This girl is beautiful
Thanks. I know, I've lost half a day on here, but it's so addictive. Besides, I need to look at every thread because you never know what I might find useful for my own betta...right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Fancier View Post
What a little sweetie! She's such a cute little veil tail. I love female bettas, and. I love her name. :)
Thanks. I named her that as I'm doing NaNoWriMo next month, (hopefully she'll be good luck!) coupled with that she lives on my writing desk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1029 View Post
welcome!:) your bettas is a cutie!c:
Thank you. :D
Old 10-26-2014, 11:20 AM   #6 
artemis35

Welcome to the forum!

Muse certainly is a pretty girl. I love all bettas, but the females are my favorites. They are just so lively and full of personality.

I hope that you will keep us updated with pictures as time goes by, since she will most likely darken up and lose those stripes. It always amazes (and surprises) me how much the females' colors change as they mature.

Good luck and have fun with her!
artemis35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:49 AM   #7 
MissBetta1

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis35 View Post
Welcome to the forum!

Muse certainly is a pretty girl. I love all bettas, but the females are my favorites. They are just so lively and full of personality.

I hope that you will keep us updated with pictures as time goes by, since she will most likely darken up and lose those stripes. It always amazes (and surprises) me how much the females' colors change as they mature.

Good luck and have fun with her!
Thanks. I'm excited to see her grow and change. I definitely will keep everyone updated with pictures. If anyone looked at my camera most of what they'd see would be fishy photos, haha.
Old 10-26-2014, 06:18 PM   #8 
selah

she is a pretty little girl, and I like her name.. have you tried Omega One Betta Buffet pellets? my girls have been eating them from day 1..
selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 02:50 AM   #9 
MissBetta1

Quote:
Originally Posted by selah View Post
she is a pretty little girl, and I like her name.. have you tried Omega One Betta Buffet pellets? my girls have been eating them from day 1..
I don't think I can get those in my pet shop, but I'll have a look. I think I'm going to try the garlic juice tip as she's still not eating. I've even crushed the pellets and she just spits it out. -_-
Old 10-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #10 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

She actually isn't a VT but she's a PK girl Notice the very short anal fin.

It may take a week or two for her to become comfortable in her new home, this is completely normal so just bide your time and remove uneaten food soon after so it doesn't spoil the tank of course. But keep trying each day or even twice a day if you want to. Eventually she should eat, she looks healthy overall, just very stressed out at the moment.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
female betta, new betta, new fish