Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-21-2015, 07:02 PM   #1 
arabian61

My Bettas!

I now have 5 boys and I'm still not sure what their colours are called :) I have been looking them up online and think I might know a couple, but some help would be appreciated! :)

The first picture is Bonsai, I know he is a Dumbo Halfmoon Plakat, but his colour still stumps me!

Second picture is Malakai. I think he is a Spade Tail but not sure what you would call his colouring, he looks blue without the flash, and green with it

Third is Sensei. I'm thinking Cambodian Crowntail but I've also seen that to be Cambodian they have to be only creamy or white bodied

Fourth is Camden. I think he is a Red Dragon Halfmoon. He is very white on his body

And last but not least is Spartan. I believe he is a blue/green (again blue without the flash, green with it) Metallic Halfmoon.

Am I close? lol
Attached Images

arabian61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #2 
dayannaz

Aww congrats! im not too good w/ coloring but I'm pretty sure #2 is a spade tail, #3 looks like a combodian crowntail, #4 I'm not too sure, and #5 he looks like my halfmoon :) his fins look a little bitten though , watch out for fin rot ! your estimates are very close ! :)
dayannaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:05 PM   #3 
arabian61

Thsnks dayannaz! I noticed today also that Spartan's fins have rips in a couple spots, so i will keep an eye on him. What should i be watching for? I have never seen fin rot
Old 05-24-2015, 12:14 PM   #4 
AukWord

Your first guy looks to be a Copper, possibly a Red Copper. Pics when he feels better and more settled in would help--he should color up more.

Second dude is a Green with black head.

Third fella is lavender.

Fourth guy is a Red Dragon, has some cello on his caudal, might be a butterfly with uneven bands. Full flare pic would help.

Fifth fella looks like Copper/Multicolor. I'd keep a watch on his eyes, those metallic scales might grow over them, just guessing from the appearance in that pic.
AukWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:00 PM   #5 
arabian61

Thanks AukWord!

As for Bonsai colouring up more, he was white when i got him, and that was 30 days ago today.. He hasn't changed any in a while. I will keep watch on more colour changes!

I will work on getting a flared shot of Camden, i dont think he has any cello on the other find but maybe as he gets older?
Old 05-27-2015, 09:16 PM   #6 
themamaj

what is the difference between a dragon and regular betta? is it the scale size?
themamaj is offline   Reply With Quote