Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #1 
KonceitedKing

Crowntail love?

I'm new to forums and not sure if making a thread for only a certain type of Betta is allowed, I didn't see anything in the rules about it. SO! My favorite Betta is a Crowntail~ I do own a Dragonscale and love him dearly, but something about Crowntails just make me want to sit them on a throne. If you have some Crowntail pictures of your babe and want to share, please do! Tell us about them, even the tank designs you have for them if you want.

I do have a few babes but I'll only post my absolute darling, Jasper. My first Betta. He's been through three different tanks, finally living happily in his third and final 5 gallon. This fish is a fearless king.

(Not a flattering picture of his tank.)
KonceitedKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #2 
305Betta

Nice fish dood! He does look like a king!i have a black orchid make and female my self but both are still rly young and small. Can't wait for them to grow up!
305Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #3 
Tress

Wow! lovely boy you have there.

Personally I used to prefer the more fuller finned bettas, so when I was suddenly thrust back into bettas with a tiny sick crowntail as a birthday gift I was honestly a little dismayed. But once I got him healthy again and the rip in his tail healed, he definitely opened my eyes to crowntails. He did have a lovely, long dorsal fin but a few weeks ago during feeding he got over excited and accidentally ripped a chunk off while going for the pellet >.<

His name is Aris :)

I think I made him fat, either that or he just looks to huge compared to when I got him. He's a a big momma's boy with a big personality. I'm planning to move him to a smaller tank on my desk eventually and try my newer betta in the 5g, I think he'll be happier being closer to me instead of sitting in the closest corner of his tank staring at me all day.

Anyways, I don't have any recent pics of him and those I do have aren't the best cause of bad lighting and his tank being in a corner of my room. But I'll share a few.

In the first pic you can see the healing chunk, and the second shows it more progressed plus the red wash that showed in his fins as I had him for longer (I've had him for 2.5 months).
Attached Images

Last edited by Tress; 08-15-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Tress is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crowntail, crowntails, interior, photograghy, pictures