Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #91 
Sena Hansler

Oh, more than likely! Lol. I love marbles - they surprise you!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:35 AM   #92 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I do too but am I crazy to think my ten gallon looks really small or does it make sense?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #93 
teeneythebetta

Beautiful tanks!
I do agree- a big tank doesn't make you a better fish keeper.
There are people who I've heard change their 10 gal tank water 25% once a month! :o LIKE YIKES!! Every tank needs changes at least once a week.

Or take for example, lelei saved some bettas from a YMCA tank, idk the exactly gallonage but I think it was at least 10 gallons, they were living in filthy water with a goldfish and some other random fish, they've healed up nicely with lelei.
Posted via Mobile Device
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #94 
RedRaz

I love this thread! (((hugs)))

The more I look at my 10 gal planted tank the more I think I should of gotten two 5 gals or three 2.5 gal. It's just that 10 gal is very overwhelming and takes up a lot of space. *sigh* I have not moved my betta yet still thinking about it. lol! He is happy in his 2.5 gal tank. I just got a small HMPK two days ago and he is in a 1 gal tank with plants. He loves it! :)
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #95 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Beautiful tanks!
I do agree- a big tank doesn't make you a better fish keeper.
There are people who I've heard change their 10 gal tank water 25% once a month! :o LIKE YIKES!! Every tank needs changes at least once a week.

Or take for example, lelei saved some bettas from a YMCA tank, idk the exactly gallonage but I think it was at least 10 gallons, they were living in filthy water with a goldfish and some other random fish, they've healed up nicely with lelei.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh yay lelei! I'm happy to hear they are doing well.
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #96 
sareena79

I "heart" this thread too! makes me feel soooo much better about Sushi's little home. He is prefectly content in his 2 gallon and the biggest I would go is 5 at this point. I think they feel more secure, they have less area to "guard" ya know
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #97 
Sena Hansler

ChoclateBetta: I find 10 gallons just fine, unless I lack enough plants. Then I divide, and add a good amount to each side for two bettas (only if they are "compatible" in an odd sense).

I will say, I do not like those small small tanks that come with dividers. o_O It isn't all that great for fishy and can cause an ammonia crisis

On the comment of "less to guard" I had one fish who would relentlessly patrol his 10 gallon all day each day. He slept at night (I think)
Old 10-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #98 
rbphoto

Here's a question for you guys! I'm worried about the light that came with my tank not being bright enough or in the right spectrum for my swords and my anubais.

I have one of these little lights in there right now. http://www.petco.com/product/9451/Pe...Aquariums-9451

I'm decently good with electrical stuff, so I feel that I could probably convert the light box under my hood to house a T5.

How do you guys light your tanks? I'd love to know.
rbphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #99 
Gen2387

I agree that the most important thing isn't the size but the way you take care of your betta. A smaller tank is fine if people keep up with frequent water changes and keep the water at the right temp. Personnally I had one of my betta in a 1.5 gallon, heated. Real pretty tank. He started tail bitting and a couple of weeks later my other betta who was in a 5 gallon died so I transfered him in the 5 gallon and the tail bitting stopped.

I think that quality is important but some fish do like bigger tanks... I guess you have to adjust depending on the fish itself. Bigger or smaller tanks, as long as the fish is happy!
My sister has a betta in a 2 gallon and she is doing great.
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #100 
Sena Hansler

Some of my small 1 gallon tanks actually has their own lights built in. I would usually have some source of light in the room for the tanks - window and/or room lights. I find some of my fish, when in a smaller area do not particularily like lights.